coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 26 Aug 2007 13:31:50
From: JavaLava
Subject: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
What a great place, great coffee, superb roasting and variety. A very nice
place to relax and have a great cup of Joe. So if you have a chance, drop
by I'm sure you'll love it!





 
Date: 29 Aug 2007 19:41:44
From: phreaddy
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
Maybe the author is really John Mackey.



 
Date: 29 Aug 2007 11:56:44
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
I hate self-serving posts as much as anyone, but this *might* not be
what you assumed it to be. And if the poster isn't Juan from Antigua
Coffee House, you've given him an unnecessary black eye. Why not try
an email message, saving this forum for last resort posts if your
suspicions are proven?

RH

On Aug 27, 1:20 am, r...@math.hawaii.NOSPAM.edu (D. Ross) wrote:
> "JavaLava" <ad...@guatemalanboutique.com> wrote:
>
>


  
Date: 29 Aug 2007 22:14:26
From: Barry Jarrett
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:56:44 -0700, Robert Harmon
<r_h_harmon@hotmail.com > wrote:

>I hate self-serving posts as much as anyone, but this *might* not be
>what you assumed it to be. And if the poster isn't Juan from Antigua
>Coffee House, you've given him an unnecessary black eye. Why not try
>an email message, saving this forum for last resort posts if your
>suspicions are proven?
>

guatemalanboutique.com is registered to:

Juan Carlos Castillo Castillo Chocano


There is a 'help wanted' listing on Jobster for Antigua Coffeehouse,
and the person listing the ad is Juan Castillo.

http://www.jobster.com/at/person/show/166863




   
Date: 29 Aug 2007 23:25:25
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
OK, I'm convinced. Shame on him!

--
Robert Harmon
--
http://www.tinyurl.com/mb4uj - My coffee pages.

http://www.tinyurl.com/2tnv87 - My 'Guidelines For Newbies' page.

http://www.tinyurl.com/2cr3e2 - I have things for sale here.
"Barry Jarrett" <barry@rileys-coffee.com > wrote in message
news:1cccd31ai6bg7a9osroqt32ivsr44qv02t@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:56:44 -0700, Robert Harmon
> <r_h_harmon@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I hate self-serving posts as much as anyone, but this *might* not be
> >what you assumed it to be. And if the poster isn't Juan from Antigua
> >Coffee House, you've given him an unnecessary black eye. Why not try
> >an email message, saving this forum for last resort posts if your
> >suspicions are proven?
> >
>
> guatemalanboutique.com is registered to:
>
> Juan Carlos Castillo Castillo Chocano
>
>
> There is a 'help wanted' listing on Jobster for Antigua Coffeehouse,
> and the person listing the ad is Juan Castillo.
>
> http://www.jobster.com/at/person/show/166863
>
>




    
Date: 31 Aug 2007 05:59:46
From: D. Ross
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
"Robert Harmon" <Texas_Coffee@earthlink.net > wrote:



     
Date: 05 Sep 2007 09:21:22
From: Jack Denver
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
On re-reading, the OP doesn't explicitly portray himself as an uninterested
third party, e.g. "I just found this new place..." So I'd give it a 5/10 on
the spam meter and a pass because the guy is not usenet savvy. Maybe he'll
contribute something useful to the group at some point.

OTOH, if he keeps spamming, then into the killfile he goes.


"D. Ross" <ross@math.hawaii.NOSPAM.edu > wrote in message
news:46d7ae19.40733611@localhost...
> "Robert Harmon" <Texas_Coffee@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>


 
Date: 27 Aug 2007 06:20:44
From: D. Ross
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
"JavaLava" <admin@guatemalanboutique.com > wrote:



  
Date: 28 Aug 2007 18:44:53
From: Shadd
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland

> javalava, I note your domain, guatemalanboutique.com, is owned by someone
> named Juan. I also understand that this coffee house is owned by someone
> named Juan from Guatemala. If you are the owner of this coffee house
> posting about yourself, then you have just committed pretty much the
> grossest violation of newsgroup etiquette that exists.

HaHaHaHa
...and the poster posted the same post in alt.food





 
Date: 27 Aug 2007 04:26:05
From: Jasonian
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
I've heard of Antigua..

Robert wrote a review of it.

http://tx-coffee.com/2007/07/29/antigua-coffee-house-pearland-tx-review/




 
Date: 26 Aug 2007 17:44:18
From: Empty3
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland

"JavaLava" <admin@guatemalanboutique.com > wrote in message
news:f5f38177b757d7a5608c443afc6f8245@localhost.talkaboutdrinks.com...
> What a great place, great coffee, superb roasting and variety. A very nice
> place to relax and have a great cup of Joe. So if you have a chance, drop
> by I'm sure you'll love it!
>

Love the place and have gotten to know the owners. Somehow Starbucks has
swayed away from the "handcrafted" mode that made them popular, and I am
annoyed
at their attempt to upsell ("would you like another shot of espresso with
that"). Antigua's
offers the handcrafted approach.

Empty3




 
Date: 26 Aug 2007 13:08:18
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: Antigua Coffee House in Pearland
Agreed! Juan is making great progress and he listens to his customers.
Definitely worth a stop if you're in the area.

BTW: Juan's Tanzanian Peaberry offering was a bit iffy. In fairness to Juan
it's been noted in other forums that Tanzanian beans have a history of
suffering from poor storage & shipping facilities in that country. Thus it
was probably the quality of the beans and not Juan's roasting that caused
the slightly musty flavor. All of the other beans I've bought there have
been excellent.
--
Robert Harmon
--
http://www.tinyurl.com/mb4uj - My coffee pages.

http://www.tinyurl.com/2tnv87 - My 'Guidelines For Newbies' page.

http://www.tinyurl.com/2cr3e2 - I have things for sale here.
"JavaLava" <admin@guatemalanboutique.com > wrote in message
news:f5f38177b757d7a5608c443afc6f8245@localhost.talkaboutdrinks.com...
> What a great place, great coffee, superb roasting and variety. A very nice
> place to relax and have a great cup of Joe. So if you have a chance, drop
> by I'm sure you'll love it!
>