coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 25 Apr 2007 10:29:12
From: Jim
Subject: BEST Seattle espresso?
I was in a local Starbucks because some friends were meeting there. So
I order a double shot. The girl hits a button and a couple of black
streams come out of some super automatic machine into a paper cup.
Flavor was nothing special at all, slightly burnt. How much effort
would it take to give me a heated cup instead of paper? A real
disappointment.

So where's a good place to get a REAL shot in Seattle? ...to what how
they steam the milk?

I got into this as a die hard do-it-yourselfer after my wife got hooked
on espresso drinks. Now I roast my own beans and use a Gaggia MDF and
Classic. I think I'm getting good results. My espresso tastes way
better than Starbucks (to me, at least). But I'd like to compare my cup
to "the best" in town. Maybe I can learn something.




 
Date: 28 Apr 2007 07:07:34
From: Dave b
Subject: Re: BEST Seattle espresso?


Uh, yes, Nordstrom was a serious comment.


tried it?

d



 
Date: 25 Apr 2007 18:49:16
From: Rob Yokom
Subject: Re: BEST Seattle espresso?

"Jim" <askme@beforeyousend.com > wrote in message
news:132v3v5bree05dd@corp.supernews.com...
>I was in a local Starbucks because some friends were meeting there. So I
>order a double shot. The girl hits a button and a couple of black streams
>come out of some super automatic machine into a paper cup. Flavor was
>nothing special at all, slightly burnt. How much effort would it take to
>give me a heated cup instead of paper? A real disappointment.
>
> So where's a good place to get a REAL shot in Seattle? ...to what how
> they steam the milk?
>
> I got into this as a die hard do-it-yourselfer after my wife got hooked on
> espresso drinks. Now I roast my own beans and use a Gaggia MDF and
> Classic. I think I'm getting good results. My espresso tastes way better
> than Starbucks (to me, at least). But I'd like to compare my cup to "the
> best" in town. Maybe I can learn something.

Try Espresso Vivace. I've never been there or to Seattle, but David Schomer
is a espresso perfectionist and his theories and techniques are known by
everybody who's anybody in the espresso world.

http://www.espressovivace.com/




  
Date: 25 Apr 2007 20:56:41
From: Steve
Subject: Re: BEST Seattle espresso?
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:49:16 GMT, "Rob Yokom" <r.yokom@mchsi.com >
wrote:

>Try Espresso Vivace.
And try Zoka out by Green Lake.
Both are generally excellent.


   
Date: 25 Apr 2007 17:27:32
From: Moka Java
Subject: Re: BEST Seattle espresso?
Steve wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:49:16 GMT, "Rob Yokom" <r.yokom@mchsi.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Try Espresso Vivace.
>
> And try Zoka out by Green Lake.
> Both are generally excellent.

Cafe Victrola was my favorite. Zoka was pretty good too.

R "Vivace was, well, better than *$" TF


    
Date: 26 Apr 2007 06:11:37
From: Donn Cave
Subject: Re: BEST Seattle espresso?
Quoth Moka Java <rtwatches@fishyahoo.com >:


     
Date: 26 Apr 2007 11:09:14
From: Jim
Subject: Re: BEST Seattle espresso?
Okay. So here's the list, in no particular order:

Espresso Vivace
Zoka
Cafe Victrola
Trabant
Perche No
Tutta Bella
Nordstrom's (was that a serious one, or just "better than $tarbucks"
comment?)

If I missed any, please add. I'll keep a list with addresses in the
glove compartment, and check them all out when I get the chance.



Donn Cave wrote:
> Quoth Moka Java <rtwatches@fishyahoo.com>:
>


      
Date: 28 Apr 2007 01:55:51
From: Barry Jarrett
Subject: Re: BEST Seattle espresso?
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:09:14 -0700, Jim <askme@beforeyousend.com >
wrote:

>Okay. So here's the list, in no particular order:
>
>Espresso Vivace
>Zoka
>Cafe Victrola
>Trabant
>Perche No
>Tutta Bella
>Nordstrom's (was that a serious one, or just "better than $tarbucks"
>comment?)

Caffe d'Arte, 2nd & Stewart downtown.

there's a well-known place up on Pike, around Broadway at the top of
the hill.... i can't recall the name, but i had a few pretty good
shots there when i was out there for the USBC training a couple of
years ago.




    
Date: 25 Apr 2007 21:30:26
From: daveb
Subject: BEST Seattle espresso?
Or the espresso carts at Nordstrom's

dave



"Moka Java" <rtwatches@fishyahoo.com > wrote in message
news:599vdsF2jpeq7U2@mid.individual.net...
> Steve wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:49:16 GMT, "Rob Yokom" <r.yokom@mchsi.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Try Espresso Vivace.
>>
>> And try Zoka out by Green Lake.
>> Both are generally excellent.
>
> Cafe Victrola was my favorite. Zoka was pretty good too.
>
> R "Vivace was, well, better than *$" TF