coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 02 Jun 2007 12:10:46
From: Kitty
Subject: Boca Java
Does anyone have opinions & reviews of their coffees? I am referring to the
website: www.bocajava.com

Thanks
Kitty






 
Date: 04 Jun 2007 21:42:54
From: Password
Subject: Re: Boca Java
I tried their espresso whole bean coffee a few months ago. Although it was
fresh it smelled and tasted burnt. I do not know if that is how they roast
it regularly or if it was a bad batch.

"Kitty" <cowgirla@bellsouth.net > wrote in message
news:aEg8i.20495$dy1.20414@bigfe9...
> Does anyone have opinions & reviews of their coffees? I am referring to
> the website: www.bocajava.com
>
> Thanks
> Kitty
>
>




 
Date: 02 Jun 2007 22:17:13
From: D. Ross
Subject: Re: Boca Java
"Kitty" <cowgirla@bellsouth.net > wrote:



  
Date: 04 Jun 2007 16:28:31
From:
Subject: Re: Boca Java
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 22:17:13 GMT, ross@math.hawaii.NOSPAM.edu (D.
Ross) wrote:

>"Kitty" <cowgirla@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>


   
Date: 05 Jun 2007 07:41:19
From:
Subject: Re: Boca Java
to be fair..I am posting to my own post. I got another Boca Java
overnight and when I went to unsubscribe, Boca Java explains that they
are not sending out these emails and asked me to go to another
"unsubscribe" page put out by a (their?) marketing agency.
Did done.

aloha,
Cea
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona


    
Date: 06 Jun 2007 12:15:32
From: Brent
Subject: Re: Boca Java
thats a cop out... how is that not spam?

Brent

> I got another Boca Java
> overnight and when I went to unsubscribe, Boca Java explains that they
> are not sending out these emails and asked me to go to another
> "unsubscribe" page put out by a (their?) marketing agency.
> Did done.
>
> aloha,
> Cea
> roast beans to kona to email
> farmers of Pure Kona




     
Date: 06 Jun 2007 06:45:16
From: Lavarock
Subject: Re: Boca Java
Brent wrote:
> thats a cop out... how is that not spam?
>
> Brent
>
>> I got another Boca Java
>> overnight and when I went to unsubscribe, Boca Java explains that they
>> are not sending out these emails and asked me to go to another
>> "unsubscribe" page put out by a (their?) marketing agency.
>> Did done.
>>
>> aloha,
>> Cea
>> roast beans to kona to email
>> farmers of Pure Kona
>
>

In my case, Boca Java ads come my way by way of MyPoints.Com. I get paid
to read emails and MyPoints is their marketing partner. In this case, it
is not spam, but requested ads via a marketing agency.

Her mileage may differ.

--

They said that someone has to live in Hawaii and I raised my hand first!


      
Date: 07 Jun 2007 13:22:47
From: Brent
Subject: Re: Boca Java
> Brent wrote:
>> thats a cop out... how is that not spam?
>>
>> Brent
>>
>>> I got another Boca Java
>>> overnight and when I went to unsubscribe, Boca Java explains that they
>>> are not sending out these emails and asked me to go to another
>>> "unsubscribe" page put out by a (their?) marketing agency.
>>> Did done.
>>>
>>> aloha,
>>> Cea
>>> roast beans to kona to email
>>> farmers of Pure Kona
>>
>>
>
> In my case, Boca Java ads come my way by way of MyPoints.Com. I get paid
> to read emails and MyPoints is their marketing partner. In this case, it
> is not spam, but requested ads via a marketing agency.
>
> Her mileage may differ.
>
> --
>
> They said that someone has to live in Hawaii and I raised my hand first!

ah yeah, thats different to sending spam via a third party, which is what
Cea implied...

Brent




 
Date: 02 Jun 2007 21:50:39
From: IMAWriterRobJ
Subject: Re: Boca Java
On Jun 2, 11:10 am, "Kitty" <cowgi...@bellsouth.net > wrote:
> Does anyone have opinions & reviews of their coffees? I am referring to the
> website:www.bocajava.com
>
> Thanks
> Kitty

Ken is correct...and the prices at Boca are way over-priced, compared
to quality roasters such as Metropolis, Intelligentsia, Cafe Fresco,
and dozens of others. Many of these roasters offer bonuses and 1 price
shipping as well.



 
Date: 02 Jun 2007 18:10:05
From: Ken Wilson
Subject: Re: Boca Java
"Kitty"
> Does anyone have opinions & reviews of their coffees? I am referring to
> the website: www.bocajava.com
>

This is a coffee fanatics newsgroup.

The thought of "German Chocolate Cake" flavoured coffee or "Chocolate coffee
with a smooch of coconut. Coupled with sweet chocolate and tropical coconut,
cupid is sure to take aim at the coffee lover in you!" makes me a trifle
anti. *

It gets a bit better when into the varietals "Imagine a cool breeze as you
experience this full bodied columbia [sic}supreme[etiam sic - we are having
chicken supreme for tea - is that associated? :-)].". The rich walnut
flavor adds a hearty twist." and the others are similar. Not a bad
selection but nothing outstanding.

The teas don't seem to provide anything that the Twinings row at our local
Asda provides.

The cutesy 50s pictures don't ring my bell either - its bean done before.

On the basis of this website (which is after all all one has to go on ) i
couldn't recommend them.

Why did you ask @ - you fancied some decent coffee? We could recommend a
few known good roasters if you tell us you area without risking this start.

ken

* I am into hyperbole this afternoon.
@ So we are the wrong target audience for your site




  
Date: 04 Jun 2007 21:09:59
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: Boca Java
"Ken Wilson" <ken@kwilsonDEDUCT.fsnet.co.uk > wrote in message
news:f3s89d$8jc$1@aioe.org...
> "Kitty"
>> Does anyone have opinions & reviews of their coffees? I am referring to
>> the website: www.bocajava.com
>>
>
> This is a coffee fanatics newsgroup.
>
> The thought of "German Chocolate Cake" flavoured coffee or "Chocolate
> coffee with a smooch of coconut. Coupled with sweet chocolate and tropical
> coconut, cupid is sure to take aim at the coffee lover in you!" makes me a
> trifle anti. *
>
>
> ken

You're just being unduly nationalistic. Had it been "English Trifle"
flavored, would you feel the same way?

ken
;-)




  
Date: 03 Jun 2007 16:29:40
From: Kitty
Subject: Re: Boca Java

"Ken Wilson" <ken@kwilsonDEDUCT.fsnet.co.uk > wrote in message
news:f3s89d$8jc$1@aioe.org...
> "Kitty"
>> Does anyone have opinions & reviews of their coffees? I am referring to
>> the website: www.bocajava.com
>>
>
> This is a coffee fanatics newsgroup.
>
> The thought of "German Chocolate Cake" flavoured coffee or "Chocolate
> coffee with a smooch of coconut. Coupled with sweet chocolate and tropical
> coconut, cupid is sure to take aim at the coffee lover in you!" makes me a
> trifle anti. *
>
> It gets a bit better when into the varietals "Imagine a cool breeze as you
> experience this full bodied columbia [sic}supreme[etiam sic - we are
> having chicken supreme for tea - is that associated? :-)].". The rich
> walnut flavor adds a hearty twist." and the others are similar. Not a
> bad selection but nothing outstanding.
>
> The teas don't seem to provide anything that the Twinings row at our local
> Asda provides.
>
> The cutesy 50s pictures don't ring my bell either - its bean done before.
>
> On the basis of this website (which is after all all one has to go on ) i
> couldn't recommend them.
>
> Why did you ask @ - you fancied some decent coffee? We could recommend a
> few known good roasters if you tell us you area without risking this
> start.
>
> ken
>
> * I am into hyperbole this afternoon.
> @ So we are the wrong target audience for your site
>

Thank you for the input. I am not a coffee expert but I love coffee. Right
now I use Blue Hawaii beans and grind them when I am ready. Its probably not
as good as the coffee hounds in this ng are use to, but I like it.

I wont bother with the Boca Java

Kitty