coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 28 Jun 2007 08:51:37
From:
Subject: Coffee Roasting Machine
Hi all,

I am planning on getting a home roasting machine in the next couple of
months.

Can someone recommend products or web links? No popcorn makers, but a
product that gives excellent just as good or as equivalent results as
a large industrial roasting machine.

Thanks
Wazza





 
Date: 28 Jun 2007 19:19:06
From: AlanM
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
I have one of the very earliest iRoast machines, ordered even before
shipping started. The bloody thing just refuses to die. I would love to
buy one of the newer iRoast2 units which remember profiles. However my
current unit works like a champ and my intention is to work it until it
screams for mercy. I run five or six batches once a week, every week,
and the results are predictable and I am quite satisfied with the product.

enjoy your soon to be addiction

Michael

warwickmortensen@iinet.net.au wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am planning on getting a home roasting machine in the next couple of
> months.
>
> Can someone recommend products or web links? No popcorn makers, but a
> product that gives excellent just as good or as equivalent results as
> a large industrial roasting machine.
>
> Thanks
> Wazza
>


  
Date: 28 Jun 2007 23:21:19
From: Tony Verhulst
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
AlanM wrote:
> I have one of the very earliest iRoast machines, ordered even before
> shipping started. The bloody thing just refuses to die. I would love to
> buy one of the newer iRoast2 units which remember profiles. However my
> current unit works like a champ and my intention is to work it until it
> screams for mercy. I run five or six batches once a week, every week,
> and the results are predictable and I am quite satisfied with the product.


Yeah, mine was pre-ordered and is still ticking - maybe 3 batches every
2 weeks. I love what it does to East Africans and Kona (thanks Cea).
However, for Central and South Americans, to my taste, they simply come
out too "bright". I will be ordering the Behmor 1600 the instant I can.

Tony V.


 
Date: 28 Jun 2007 15:45:13
From: Flasherly
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
On Jun 28, 9:59 am, "daveb" <davebo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Many owners really like the iroast, and at about $125.00
>
> worth a try!
>
> Davewww.hitechespresso.com

Closer to $200 w/ shipping for the iRoast 2 model, $150+ for the
iRoast model without the programmable enhancements. NEXTAG, AMAZON.
Can't even find one on EBAY. Or two FreshRoasts for $80ea shipped off
EBAY. Not the same as a shovel and a 500lb. day from 75lb. bags of
green coffee in commercial roasting, but after scooping portions from
3lbs. into a little glass chamber, finishing off those last couple
still feels pretty good.



 
Date: 28 Jun 2007 14:22:14
From: Rich Adams
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
> Can someone recommend products or web links?

This seems promising, as talked about on the Homeroasting list where a
couple of folks have a pre production unit..

http://behmor.com/index.html




 
Date: 28 Jun 2007 09:59:19
From: daveb
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
Many owners really like the iroast, and at about $125.00

worth a try!

Dave
www.hitechespresso.com




  
Date: 28 Jun 2007 21:51:48
From: Brian Colwell
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine

"daveb" <davebobbl@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:1387fmgao1j9ta8@corp.supernews.com...
> Many owners really like the iroast, and at about $125.00
>
> worth a try!
>
> Dave
> www.hitechespresso.com
And it has to be one of the quietest roaster around !!

bmc




   
Date: 29 Jun 2007 00:37:12
From: Brian Colwell
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine

"Brian Colwell" <bmcolwell@shaw.ca > wrote in message
news:U3Wgi.70284$NV3.45930@pd7urf2no...
>
> "daveb" <davebobbl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1387fmgao1j9ta8@corp.supernews.com...
>> Many owners really like the iroast, and at about $125.00
>>
>> worth a try!
>>
>> Dave
>> www.hitechespresso.com
> And it has to be one of the quietest roaster around !!
>
> bmc
Sorry, got my lines crossed ! it's the fresh roast plus that's quiet !

bmc




 
Date: 28 Jun 2007 06:03:52
From: myron
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
Even though i, fairly happily, use an IRoast, i wouldn't say that it
is as good as large industrial roasters..(Ooops! I don't exactly know
what that means..but if it means Commercial Drum roasters I think i'm
covered.)

It might pay to look around for discussions about the differences
between Drum Roasters (which include DIY BBQ coffee roasters besides
small or smallish models that can be bought)..and Hot Air roasters.

Assumiing that the Hot Air Roaster might suffice for you..the Iroast
might be right...But, without somewhat technie mods, yoiu might be
disappointed in the actual control you have over the roast, the
influence of ambient temperature, etc.




 
Date: 28 Jun 2007 00:24:44
From: jw
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
Recently (27 Jun 2007), warwickmortensen@iinet.net.au confided in me the
following secret information which I will now recklessly quote in this
public forum:

> I am planning on getting a home roasting machine in the next couple of
> months.
>
> Can someone recommend products or web links? No popcorn makers, but a
> product that gives excellent just as good or as equivalent results as
> a large industrial roasting machine.

Google iRoast 2. I use it and would recommend it.

--
jw

"I'm A Precisional Instrument Of Speed And Aromatics."


  
Date: 28 Jun 2007 03:25:55
From: Steve
Subject: Re: Coffee Roasting Machine
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:24:44 GMT, jw <notareal@emailaddress.com >
wrote:

>Google iRoast 2. I use it and would recommend it.

Google makes a roaster?!?

Sorry, I have very little self restraint.