coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 16 Oct 2006 12:53:33
From: BoyntonStu
Subject: Green Coffee Co-op?
I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.

Is there a problem?

Are there any other green coffee co-ops?





 
Date: 16 Oct 2006 16:43:51
From: BoyntonStu
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?

BoyntonStu wrote:
> Johnny wrote:
> > "Johnny" <removethis.huuanito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:76TYg.1358$UJ2.717@fed1read07...
> > >
> > > "BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com> wrote in message
> > > news:1161028413.376590.35230@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> > > > I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
> > > >
> > > > Is there a problem?
> > > >
> > > > Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
> > > >
> > > can you give more details on what the problem is....
> > >
> > >
> > fwiw I just signed up there http://www.greencoffee.coop and the only hiccup
> > was that the verify email ended up in the spam box on my email account. But
> > the whole process took maybe 45 seconds. Works for me member #808 :-)
> >
> > but you should join both so do as well.
> > Variety ....
>
> Hi guys!
>
> Thanks, in just 15 seconds I registered in
> www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com.
>
>
> With greencoffee.coop I fill out the application and never get a
> response.
>
> I wrote, using the contact form,and I received a reply to the same
> email.
>
>
> Again, no response. What a difference in the two.
>
> I have some Costa Rican Hard beans and they roast very uniformly.
>
>
> I am now especially eager to try some Ethiopian Harar.
>
> Suggestions for at least a sample?


Wow!

This group has all the answers.

I found the response in my JUNK file in Hotmail.

What was so confusing is that I got a response.

I joined both groups.


Many thanks.



  
Date: 16 Oct 2006 17:12:42
From: Johnny
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?

"BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com > wrote in message
news:1161042231.082453.247880@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> BoyntonStu wrote:
> > Johnny wrote:
> > > "Johnny" <removethis.huuanito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:76TYg.1358$UJ2.717@fed1read07...
> > > >
> > > > "BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:1161028413.376590.35230@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
> > > > >
> > > > > Is there a problem?
> > > > >
> > > > > Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
> > > > >
> > > > can you give more details on what the problem is....
> > > >
> > > >
> > > fwiw I just signed up there http://www.greencoffee.coop and the only
hiccup
> > > was that the verify email ended up in the spam box on my email
account. But
> > > the whole process took maybe 45 seconds. Works for me member #808 :-)
> > >
> > > but you should join both so do as well.
> > > Variety ....
> >
> > Hi guys!
> >
> > Thanks, in just 15 seconds I registered in
> > www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com.
> >
> >
> > With greencoffee.coop I fill out the application and never get a
> > response.
> >
> > I wrote, using the contact form,and I received a reply to the same
> > email.
> >
> >
> > Again, no response. What a difference in the two.
> >
> > I have some Costa Rican Hard beans and they roast very uniformly.
> >
> >
> > I am now especially eager to try some Ethiopian Harar.
> >
> > Suggestions for at least a sample?
>
>
> Wow!
>
> This group has all the answers.
>
> I found the response in my JUNK file in Hotmail.
>
> What was so confusing is that I got a response.
>
> I joined both groups.
>
>
> Many thanks.
>
that's hotmail for ya!
glad you were able to close both deals :-)




 
Date: 16 Oct 2006 16:21:07
From: BoyntonStu
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?

Johnny wrote:
> "Johnny" <removethis.huuanito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:76TYg.1358$UJ2.717@fed1read07...
> >
> > "BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com> wrote in message
> > news:1161028413.376590.35230@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> > > I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
> > >
> > > Is there a problem?
> > >
> > > Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
> > >
> > can you give more details on what the problem is....
> >
> >
> fwiw I just signed up there http://www.greencoffee.coop and the only hiccup
> was that the verify email ended up in the spam box on my email account. But
> the whole process took maybe 45 seconds. Works for me member #808 :-)
>
> but you should join both so do as well.
> Variety ....

Hi guys!

Thanks, in just 15 seconds I registered in
www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com.


With greencoffee.coop I fill out the application and never get a
response.

I wrote, using the contact form,and I received a reply to the same
email.


Again, no response. What a difference in the two.

I have some Costa Rican Hard beans and they roast very uniformly.


I am now especially eager to try some Ethiopian Harar.

Suggestions for at least a sample?



 
Date: 16 Oct 2006 14:48:33
From: Johnny
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?

"BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com > wrote in message
news:1161028413.376590.35230@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
>
> Is there a problem?
>
> Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
>
can you give more details on what the problem is....




  
Date: 16 Oct 2006 15:20:31
From: Johnny
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?

"Johnny" <removethis.huuanito@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:76TYg.1358$UJ2.717@fed1read07...
>
> "BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com> wrote in message
> news:1161028413.376590.35230@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> > I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
> >
> > Is there a problem?
> >
> > Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
> >
> can you give more details on what the problem is....
>
>
fwiw I just signed up there http://www.greencoffee.coop and the only hiccup
was that the verify email ended up in the spam box on my email account. But
the whole process took maybe 45 seconds. Works for me member #808 :-)

but you should join both so do www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com as well.
Variety ....




 
Date: 16 Oct 2006 14:30:14
From: JoeP
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?

BoyntonStu wrote:
> I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
>
> Is there a problem?
>
> Are there any other green coffee co-ops?

www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com but we aren't a co-op per se. no voting
by-laws etc......



  
Date: 16 Oct 2006 19:15:11
From:
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?
On 16 Oct 2006 14:30:14 -0700, "JoeP" <joe@internet-realty.com > wrote:

>
>BoyntonStu wrote:
>> I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
>>
>> Is there a problem?
>>
>> Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
>
>www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com but we aren't a co-op per se. no voting
>by-laws etc......


JoeP neglected to mention: There's regularly coffee availbable through
www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com, unlike the coop. The coop can be a
great source, if you live on the web site. You have to be on-line
constantly and constantly checking, waiting for that 2hr window when
you can actually get coffee.

The coop is a wonderful group. Unfortunately, it's gotten much, much
too anal for its own good (Fox would love it). There is one person who
has to personally vet every coffee and accept it. Not to dispute his
expertise, but he has to pass on it. If not, too bad. Then there are
rules. Many, many rules. Don't even think about posting a message that
references any other coffee site, for example. The anal brigade will
cut you down in minutes.

www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com, by contrast, is fairly anarchic. Good
coffees regularly. No rules. No blacklisting. No waterboarding. Good
place. Highly recommended.

I hesitate to post this here, because harmon will probably see it and
begin to plague the buying club just like he's infested alt.coffee.. I
can hope that he truly has put me in his kill file and won't. Not
likely though; the guy absolutely has to know what's being said about
him.






_______________________________________
Please Note: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.


   
Date: 16 Oct 2006 21:38:27
From: notbob
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?
On 2006-10-17, Roque Ja <Roque > wrote:

> rules. Many, many rules. Don't even think about posting a message that
> references any other coffee site, for example. The anal brigade will
> cut you down in minutes.

Plus, you can't even *read* the forums without registering first.
Screw 'em.

nb


    
Date: 17 Oct 2006 06:56:16
From: Johnny
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?
"notbob" <notbob@nothome.com > wrote in message
news:nN2dnfJfntK-36nYnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> On 2006-10-17, Roque Ja <Roque> wrote:
>
> > rules. Many, many rules. Don't even think about posting a message that
> > references any other coffee site, for example. The anal brigade will
> > cut you down in minutes.
>
> Plus, you can't even *read* the forums without registering first.
> Screw 'em.
>
> nb

ROTFLMAO
as opposed to those around here who might cut the coop down but it takes
hours....


almost spat my coffee, you guys are a riot. chuckle, chuckle.

Johnny "he who pays the piper calls the tune" ;-)




 
Date: 16 Oct 2006 14:03:51
From: heyduke
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?
I think all you need to do is go to the new member read this first and
click on that. There should be no problem.
Robert Harmon wrote:
> "BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com> wrote in news:1161028413.376590.35230
> @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
> >
> > Is there a problem?
> >
> > Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
> >
> >
>
> where do you live?
>
>
> Robert (duck & cover) Harmon
> --
> http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
> http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
> Remove "Z" to reply via email.



 
Date: 16 Oct 2006 20:56:24
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: Green Coffee Co-op?
"BoyntonStu" <stu@aaronj.com > wrote in news:1161028413.376590.35230
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

> I have been trying for 2 days to join th co-op.
>
> Is there a problem?
>
> Are there any other green coffee co-ops?
>
>

where do you live?


Robert (duck & cover) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.