coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 19 Dec 2006 22:31:50
From: Lavarock
Subject: Green Kona Coffee Beans
As you may remember, a year ago a number of members of one Kona coffee
group broke away and formed a new organization. That new, non-profit
organization is stressing farmer's issues and is doing fine, thank you.

One project of the new group is to help the small farmer sell coffee.
Since many of you also roast, I wanted to let you know that a number of
these individual Kona Coffee Farmers are offering 100% Kona Green Beans
for sale this year. If you go to http://green.getkona.com you can see
some of them.

The site is a product of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association (a
non-profit farmer's organization) and you are directed to individual
member farms to purchase.

The regular website for the Farmers Association is at
http://KonaCoffeeFarmers.Org

Thanks,

k
--

They said that someone has to live in Hawaii ad I raised my hand first!




 
Date: 20 Dec 2006 18:09:20
From: Mathew Hargreaves
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans
The site looks good. There is no direct link to the person handling the
website and you might want to add that.

CHEERS...Mathew

Lavarock wrote:
>
> As you may remember, a year ago a number of members of one Kona coffee
> group broke away and formed a new organization. That new, non-profit
> organization is stressing farmer's issues and is doing fine, thank you.
>
> One project of the new group is to help the small farmer sell coffee.
> Since many of you also roast, I wanted to let you know that a number of
> these individual Kona Coffee Farmers are offering 100% Kona Green Beans
> for sale this year. If you go to http://green.getkona.com you can see
> some of them.
>
> The site is a product of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association (a
> non-profit farmer's organization) and you are directed to individual
> member farms to purchase.
>
> The regular website for the Farmers Association is at
> http://KonaCoffeeFarmers.Org
>
> Thanks,
>
> k
> --
>
> They said that someone has to live in Hawaii ad I raised my hand first!


  
Date: 21 Dec 2006 19:21:52
From: Lavarock
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans
Mathew Hargreaves wrote:
> The site looks good. There is no direct link to the person handling the
> website and you might want to add that.
>
> CHEERS...Mathew
Thanks for the comments.

Actually, the GetKona site is a test to see if taking out newspaper
classified ads in various cities could help the farmers get a bit more
activity on their sites.

If the site actually helps the farmers, it will be made official.
However, the KonaCoffeeFarmers.Org site is the official site for all
members.

I also did not expect to get such an easy to remember domain name as
many other non-so-neat ones were already taken.
--

They said that someone has to live in Hawaii ad I raised my hand first!


   
Date: 24 Dec 2006 13:48:12
From: John LaBella
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans
In article <k9Bih.1838$pQ3.963@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net >,
lavarock1@myhawaiiansite.com says...
> Mathew Hargreaves wrote:
> > The site looks good. There is no direct link to the person handling the
> > website and you might want to add that.
> >
> > CHEERS...Mathew
> Thanks for the comments.
>
> Actually, the GetKona site is a test to see if taking out newspaper
> classified ads in various cities could help the farmers get a bit more
> activity on their sites.
>
> If the site actually helps the farmers, it will be made official.
> However, the KonaCoffeeFarmers.Org site is the official site for all
> members.
>
> I also did not expect to get such an easy to remember domain name as
> many other non-so-neat ones were already taken.
>
Hope I am not stirring up any ants nests here ... is the Museum part of
the new association?

oh and with respect to your tag line ... Your time in paradise (aka
Hawaii) is almost up and I am next in line


  
Date: 20 Dec 2006 12:49:23
From:
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:09:20 GMT, Mathew Hargreaves
<mathewdh@worldnet.att.net > wrote:

>The site looks good. There is no direct link to the person handling
the
>website and you might want to add that.
>
>CHEERS...Mathew
>

k/Lavarock is handling the site as he is our computer guru. Glad
you like the site.

Can you tell me why we need someone? I will tell k if he doesn't
read anything here today.

We wanted it to be straight from the farmer to you.

aloha,
Cea
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona
roast beans to kona to email


   
Date: 21 Dec 2006 18:16:31
From: Mathew Hargreaves
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans
Hi Cea,

Sometimes people have a question that is not answered on a site.
There might be a techinical problem with people trying to view the site.
It is simply about communications - between the site, the viewer, and
the host, and the sellers.
And I did spot a typo on the site. So I emailed k since he was
the first to mention the site. This way it could be corrected. Had there
been a site email communication link, I would have used that as an alert
to them of the error.
This is a minor problem. Try finding a way to communicate with ebay
directly.

CHEERS...Mathew

beans@smithfarms.com wrote:
>
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:09:20 GMT, Mathew Hargreaves
> <mathewdh@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >The site looks good. There is no direct link to the person handling
> the
> >website and you might want to add that.
> >
> >CHEERS...Mathew
> >
>
> k/Lavarock is handling the site as he is our computer guru. Glad
> you like the site.
>
> Can you tell me why we need someone? I will tell k if he doesn't
> read anything here today.
>
> We wanted it to be straight from the farmer to you.
>
> aloha,
> Cea
> --smithfarms.com
> farmers of pure kona
> roast beans to kona to email


   
Date: 20 Dec 2006 17:46:36
From: Johnny
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans

<beans@smithfarms.com > wrote in message
news:1dfjo25o4r6csgvoqdtar3oqlk6pvfpd1e@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:09:20 GMT, Mathew Hargreaves
> <mathewdh@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >The site looks good. There is no direct link to the person handling
> the
> >website and you might want to add that.
> >
> >CHEERS...Mathew
> >
>
> k/Lavarock is handling the site as he is our computer guru. Glad
> you like the site.
>
> Can you tell me why we need someone? I will tell k if he doesn't
> read anything here today.
>
> We wanted it to be straight from the farmer to you.
>
> aloha,
> Cea
> --smithfarms.com
> farmers of pure kona
> roast beans to kona to email
I'm not Mathew but ...
it's no big deal if you don't as long as everything works as expected.
A contact email for the webmaster is helpful so that when one of the links
to the farmers is broken or some other useablity issue arises, the user who
sees that can emal someone about it to get it fixed.
OTOH if the site is well tested before being unleashed on the public there
won't be much call for webmaster contact.

hth
Johnny




   
Date: 20 Dec 2006 17:57:58
From: Craig Andrews
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans

<beans@smithfarms.com > wrote in message
news:1dfjo25o4r6csgvoqdtar3oqlk6pvfpd1e@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:09:20 GMT, Mathew Hargreaves
> <mathewdh@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>The site looks good. There is no direct link to the person handling
> the
>>website and you might want to add that.
>>
>>CHEERS...Mathew
>>
>
> k/Lavarock is handling the site as he is our computer guru. Glad
> you like the site.
>
> Can you tell me why we need someone? I will tell k if he doesn't
> read anything here today.
>
> We wanted it to be straight from the farmer to you.
>
> aloha,
> Cea
> --smithfarms.com
> farmers of pure kona
> roast beans to kona to email

It's always nice to have "contact information" on a website Cea. {;-)
Craig.



 
Date: 19 Dec 2006 19:41:42
From: Bob Wilson
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans
Lavarock <lavarock1@myhawaiiansite.com > wrote:

> As you may remember, a year ago a number of members of one Kona coffee
> group broke away and formed a new organization. That new, non-profit
> organization is stressing farmer's issues and is doing fine, thank you.
>
> One project of the new group is to help the small farmer sell coffee.
> Since many of you also roast, I wanted to let you know that a number of
> these individual Kona Coffee Farmers are offering 100% Kona Green Beans
> for sale this year. If you go to http://green.getkona.com you can see
> some of them.
>
> The site is a product of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association (a
> non-profit farmer's organization) and you are directed to individual
> member farms to purchase.
>
> The regular website for the Farmers Association is at
> http://KonaCoffeeFarmers.Org

And their relationship to SmithFarms?

Bob Wilson


  
Date: 19 Dec 2006 18:19:13
From:
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:41:42 -0600, bwilson4use@hotmail.com (Bob
Wilson) wrote:

>Lavarock <lavarock1@myhawaiiansite.com> wrote:
>
>> As you may remember, a year ago a number of members of one Kona
coffee
>> group broke away and formed a new organization. That new,
non-profit
>> organization is stressing farmer's issues and is doing fine, thank
you.
>>
>> One project of the new group is to help the small farmer sell
coffee.
>> Since many of you also roast, I wanted to let you know that a
number of
>> these individual Kona Coffee Farmers are offering 100% Kona Green
Beans
>> for sale this year. If you go to http://green.getkona.com you can
see
>> some of them.
>>
>> The site is a product of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association (a
>> non-profit farmer's organization) and you are directed to
individual
>> member farms to purchase.
>>
>> The regular website for the Farmers Association is at
>> http://KonaCoffeeFarmers.Org
>
>And their relationship to SmithFarms?
>
>Bob Wilson

I am the (short term) President of the Kona Coffee Farmers
Association(KCFA) and thank you for asking Bob:). This site is what
the KCFA group wanted to do and we all paid $25 to be listed.

lava rock/k is our web manager and a Kona Coffee farmer to be. He
is in good standing too:).

happy HoHoHO.

aloha,
cea
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona
roast beans to kona to email


  
Date: 20 Dec 2006 02:47:55
From: Lavarock
Subject: Re: Green Kona Coffee Beans

Bob Wilson wrote:

>
> And their relationship to SmithFarms?

SmithFarms is a member in Good standing of the organization

>
> Bob Wilson


--

They said that someone has to live in Hawaii ad I raised my hand first!