coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 07 Nov 2006 18:19:09
From: robert Harmon
Subject: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.
There's got to be something I'm missing here? The NS MAC DIGITAL exterior
panels have got to come off without having to undo each & every screw & nut
on the machine. On the Bunn ES-1A all it took was undoing six screws & the
side & back panels came off.

Is there a 'secret' sequence for removing the NS panels? I could sure use
some help on this one.

Robert (TIA) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.




 
Date: 08 Nov 2006 04:45:23
From: lnh
Subject: Re: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.
You have to remove the two side panels on top of the warming area - 2
screws per side.

Under them in the front are 2 allen screws.

Under the front bottom are 2 bolts with extended heads. Down by the feet.

After these are removed, the side panels pull forward to pop out of
slots in the back.

Hope that helps.



In article <Xns98747D537649FrhharmonZhotmailcom@207.217.125.201 >,
robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com > wrote:

> There's got to be something I'm missing here? The NS MAC DIGITAL exterior
> panels have got to come off without having to undo each & every screw & nut
> on the machine. On the Bunn ES-1A all it took was undoing six screws & the
> side & back panels came off.
>
> Is there a 'secret' sequence for removing the NS panels? I could sure use
> some help on this one.
>
> Robert (TIA) Harmon


  
Date: 08 Nov 2006 19:28:13
From: robert Harmon
Subject: Re: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.
lnh <lnoh@spamfree.net > wrote in
news:lnoh-60300A.22452307112006@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

> You have to remove the two side panels on top of the warming area - 2
> screws per side.
>
> Under them in the front are 2 allen screws.
---------------------------------------
There were four Allen bolts - two front & two back.
---------------------------------------

> Under the front bottom are 2 bolts with extended heads. Down by the
> feet.
---------------------------------------
These are the two bolt on the inside front - not on the bottom - of the
machine; the two with elongated hex heads.
---------------------------------------

> After these are removed, the side panels pull forward to pop out of
> slots in the back.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
>
Thank you very much! 10 screws/bolts pulled & it's naked as a jay-bird.

Robert (VERY appreciative!) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.


   
Date: 09 Nov 2006 04:07:05
From: lnh
Subject: Re: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.
In article <Xns98758908DA4DrhharmonZhotmailcom@207.217.125.201 >,
robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com > wrote:

> lnh <lnoh@spamfree.net> wrote in
> news:lnoh-60300A.22452307112006@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > You have to remove the two side panels on top of the warming area - 2
> > screws per side.
> >
> > Under them in the front are 2 allen screws.
> ---------------------------------------
> There were four Allen bolts - two front & two back.
> ---------------------------------------

Oops, my small brain forgot (or I didn't put the rear ones back in after
my first disassembly...)

>
> > Under the front bottom are 2 bolts with extended heads. Down by the
> > feet.
> ---------------------------------------
> These are the two bolt on the inside front - not on the bottom - of the
> machine; the two with elongated hex heads.
> ---------------------------------------

Well, I can reach them easily from the bottom by the front cross brace -
I am sorry if you thought I meant they went UP into the side.

>
> > After these are removed, the side panels pull forward to pop out of
> > slots in the back.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> >
> Thank you very much! 10 screws/bolts pulled & it's naked as a jay-bird.
>
> Robert (VERY appreciative!) Harmon

You're welcome. And that was all from my tiny memory.


 
Date: 07 Nov 2006 23:46:56
From: Barry Jarrett
Subject: Re: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.

well, the metal panels pop off. the plastic side panels are held on
with a couple of screws. iirc, one "screw" per side is a hexagonal
post stand-off.



  
Date: 08 Nov 2006 00:28:26
From: robert Harmon
Subject: Re: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.
Barry Jarrett <barry@rileys-coffee.com > wrote in
news:9m62l21vb20mf2pa7nt1vl5fedp9p297nd@4ax.com:

>
> well, the metal panels pop off. the plastic side panels are held on
> with a couple of screws. iirc, one "screw" per side is a hexagonal
> post stand-off.
>
>

Howdy Barry!
They pop off? Not to be critical but your answer was a bit cryptic for this
Aggie. Do I pull, push, pound, or pry at the panels. Do I do this by
directing the force up, out, or a combo of both.

Do you know of a link that has a visual diagram of this?

Robert (appreciative but still confuzzled) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.


   
Date: 08 Nov 2006 00:34:26
From: Barry Jarrett
Subject: Re: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 00:28:26 GMT, robert Harmon
<r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com > wrote:

>They pop off? Not to be critical but your answer was a bit cryptic for this
>Aggie. Do I pull, push, pound, or pry at the panels. Do I do this by
>directing the force up, out, or a combo of both.
>
>Do you know of a link that has a visual diagram of this?
>

easier done than described.


got a picture of this machine so i know which body style we're talking
about?




 
Date: 07 Nov 2006 23:45:53
From: Barry Jarrett
Subject: Re: HELP! Nuova Simonelli has me whipped.
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:19:09 GMT, robert Harmon
<r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com > wrote:

>There's got to be something I'm missing here? The NS MAC DIGITAL exterior
>panels have got to come off without having to undo each & every screw & nut
>on the machine. On the Bunn ES-1A all it took was undoing six screws & the
>side & back panels came off.
>
>Is there a 'secret' sequence for removing the NS panels? I could sure use
>some help on this one.


they pop off.