coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 27 Jan 2007 20:03:02
From:
Subject: Help! I need a thermal fuse to get my Gaggia Classic alive again
My 4 years old Gaggia Classic shut down just after pulling a shot,
during the
heat-up phase to be steam-ready. All indicator lights shut down, and
the machine is now lifeless. Is there anyone know where to buy a
thermal fuse to get it replaced?
And how much it will cost? Thanks
I live In USA.


Thanks again





 
Date: 29 Jan 2007 20:42:18
From: Ken Wilson
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to get my Gaggia Classic alive again

<hsiao888@gmail.com >Thanks
> I live In USA.
>


How nice - this must be one of the few 'merican posters who hasn't assumed
that everyone knows that he lives in the USA.

Ken "who is ashamed to admit that this is a particular bee of mine and i
have been known to give detailed advice on where to buy stuff in england wen
it was pretty obvious by the misspelling that he was wasn't a native" W





 
Date: 29 Jan 2007 08:19:14
From: daveb
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to get my Gaggia Classic alive again
Unless you make the leads long enough and using alligator clips with a
wet cloth, keep the device cool.

dave


> do not solder it since it will blow immediately with the heat.
>

> Regards, Danny



 
Date: 29 Jan 2007 01:59:58
From: DavidMLewis
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to get my Gaggia Classic alive again


On Jan 27, 8:03 pm, hsiao...@gmail.com wrote:
> My 4 years old Gaggia Classic shut down just after pulling a shot,
> during the
> heat-up phase to be steam-ready. All indicator lights shut down, and
> the machine is now lifeless. Is there anyone know where to buy a
> thermal fuse to get it replaced?
> And how much it will cost? Thanks
> I live In USA.
>
While the descriptions of where you can buy a thermal fuse are
correct, you would also do well to ask why it blew. It's possible that
your steam thermostat has failed closed, so that the element didn't
turn off. If you don't feel comfortable with any of this, call Home
Espresso Repair in Seattle; their web site is <http://
www.espressorepair.com/ >.

Best,
David



  
Date: 29 Jan 2007 12:45:35
From: BradleyB
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to get my Gaggia Classic alive again
On 29 Jan 2007 01:59:58 -0800, "DavidMLewis" <DavidMLewis@mac.com >
wrote:

>While the descriptions of where you can buy a thermal fuse are
>correct, you would also do well to ask why it blew. It's possible that
>your steam thermostat has failed closed, so that the element didn't
>turn off. If you don't feel comfortable with any of this, call Home
>Espresso Repair in Seattle; their web site is <http://
>www.espressorepair.com/>.
>
>

While diagnostics are a good precaution, the thermal fuse on the
Gaggia can, itself, simply fail. Mine failed in the first six months
of use, while the replacement has been fine for three years.

Brad


   
Date: 29 Jan 2007 09:15:17
From: daveb
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to get my Gaggia Classic alive again
Exactly Brad.

of the ones I've owned and repaired, the fuse just failed on its own.

no other faults..
Dave

>
> While diagnostics are a good precaution, the thermal fuse on the
> Gaggia can, itself, simply fail. Mine failed in the first six months
> of use, while the replacement has been fine for three years.
>
> Brad




 
Date: 28 Jan 2007 15:46:52
From: Danny
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to get my Gaggia Classic alive again
hsiao888@gmail.com wrote:
> My 4 years old Gaggia Classic shut down just after pulling a shot,
> during the
> heat-up phase to be steam-ready. All indicator lights shut down, and
> the machine is now lifeless. Is there anyone know where to buy a
> thermal fuse to get it replaced?
> And how much it will cost? Thanks
> I live In USA.
>
>
> Thanks again
>

When you get the replacement thermal fuse, ensure you crimp it - do
not solder it since it will blow immediately with the heat.

--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



 
Date: 28 Jan 2007 00:25:27
From: daveb
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to
most radio shacks

or an appliacne parts store.


about $2.00


dave


<hsiao888@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:1169956982.490958.212760@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> My 4 years old Gaggia Classic shut down just after pulling a shot,
> during the
> heat-up phase to be steam-ready. All indicator lights shut down, and
> the machine is now lifeless. Is there anyone know where to buy a
> thermal fuse to get it replaced?
> And how much it will cost? Thanks
> I live In USA.
>
>
> Thanks again
>




  
Date: 28 Jan 2007 08:44:05
From: Dan Bollinger
Subject: Re: Help! I need a thermal fuse to

"daveb" <davebobblane@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:12rocv49j4bul49@corp.supernews.com...
> most radio shacks
>
> or an appliacne parts store.
>
>
> about $2.00
>
>
> dave

Also, other electronics supply stores. Take the burnt out one in. The number on
the side is the C it defuses. Dan