coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 31 Jan 2007 21:34:35
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: I need help with older Gaggia MDF.
I've acquired one of the older Gaggia MDF grinder. It's the shorter version,
the one that disassembles differently than the latest model. I can't
remember how the hopper comes of so the burr set can be inspected. Can
anyone offer some help or have a parts schematic for this model? Does the
burr set for the new model fit this model?

--
Robert (I like older things, don't I sweetie?) Harmon
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/psfob
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r






 
Date: 31 Jan 2007 23:05:43
From: JeeWee
Subject: Re: I need help with older Gaggia MDF.
"Robert Harmon" <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com > wrote in
news:LX7wh.16873$pQ3.6810@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> I've acquired one of the older Gaggia MDF grinder. It's the shorter
> version, the one that disassembles differently than the latest model.
> I can't remember how the hopper comes of so the burr set can be
> inspected. Can anyone offer some help or have a parts schematic for
> this model? Does the burr set for the new model fit this model?
>

I used to own the same grinder. You will just have to put a large
screwdriver under the hopper and jiggle a bit. Cover the screwdriver with a
piece of cloth to hopefully avoid scratching the plastic.

I think the bur set is the same as the newer models. I replaced mine by a
pair that I purchased on the internet. They weren't labeled "old type"...




Hopefully this helps you,

Greetings,


JeeWee



  
Date: 01 Feb 2007 16:35:58
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: I need help with older Gaggia MDF.
JeeWee <vlaflipremovethis@freemail.nl > wrote in
news:Xns98CA11AA3B5JeeWee@193.202.122.103:

> "Robert Harmon" <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote in
> news:LX7wh.16873$pQ3.6810@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>
>> I've acquired one of the older Gaggia MDF grinder. It's the shorter
>> version, the one that disassembles differently than the latest model.
>> I can't remember how the hopper comes of so the burr set can be
>> inspected. Can anyone offer some help or have a parts schematic for
>> this model? Does the burr set for the new model fit this model?
>>
>
> I used to own the same grinder. You will just have to put a large
> screwdriver under the hopper and jiggle a bit. Cover the screwdriver
> with a piece of cloth to hopefully avoid scratching the plastic.
>
> I think the bur set is the same as the newer models. I replaced mine
> by a pair that I purchased on the internet. They weren't labeled "old
> type"...
>
>
>
>
> Hopefully this helps you,
>
> Greetings,
>
>
> JeeWee
>
>

Howdy JeeWee!
Damn, I hate to use more force that I tried to get this thing loose. It
hasn't budged after working at it for ten minutes. I could sure use some
photos or exploded vies of this machine. Do you happen to know of any?

Robert (duck & cover) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.


   
Date: 01 Feb 2007 21:44:59
From: JeeWee
Subject: Re: I need help with older Gaggia MDF.
Hi Robert,

I had the same problems as you do. I then googled and found the info I
gave you. Now I found it again and I'll copy it here:

Hi Owen, I recently participated in a refurb of an MDF and like you had
trouble removing the hopper. The tech was quite amused, he simply grabbed
a
big screwdriver, jammed the shaft in between the hopper and the body and
levered around in a circle, gradually loosening the hopper upwards until
it
could be pulled out.



We are taking about the model with the metal body are we? The newer type
has 2 covewred screws in the hopper...

Good luck!

JeeWee


news:Xns98CA61AF419F8rhharmonZhotmailcom@194.177.96.26:

> JeeWee <vlaflipremovethis@freemail.nl> wrote in
> news:Xns98CA11AA3B5JeeWee@193.202.122.103:
>
>> "Robert Harmon" <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote in
>> news:LX7wh.16873$pQ3.6810@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>>
>>> I've acquired one of the older Gaggia MDF grinder. It's the shorter
>>> version, the one that disassembles differently than the latest model.
>>> I can't remember how the hopper comes of so the burr set can be
>>> inspected. Can anyone offer some help or have a parts schematic for
>>> this model? Does the burr set for the new model fit this model?
>>>
>>
>> I used to own the same grinder. You will just have to put a large
>> screwdriver under the hopper and jiggle a bit. Cover the screwdriver
>> with a piece of cloth to hopefully avoid scratching the plastic.
>>
>> I think the bur set is the same as the newer models. I replaced mine
>> by a pair that I purchased on the internet. They weren't labeled "old
>> type"...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Hopefully this helps you,
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>>
>> JeeWee
>>
>>
>
> Howdy JeeWee!
> Damn, I hate to use more force that I tried to get this thing loose. It
> hasn't budged after working at it for ten minutes. I could sure use
some
> photos or exploded vies of this machine. Do you happen to know of any?
>
> Robert (duck & cover) Harmon




    
Date: 01 Feb 2007 23:15:54
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: I need help with older Gaggia MDF.
Howdy JeeWee!
It worked! One second I was huffing & puffing and the next it plopped out
onto the counter. Now that I've got it apart I can see that I didn't need to
crack it open - the burrs are as sharp as new. Thanks a million for your
help.
--
Robert (A million of what?) Harmon
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/psfob
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r


"JeeWee" <vlaflipremovethis@freemail.nl > wrote in message
news:Xns98CAE7903BF28JeeWee@193.202.122.103...
> Hi Robert,
>
> I had the same problems as you do. I then googled and found the info I
> gave you. Now I found it again and I'll copy it here:
>
> Hi Owen, I recently participated in a refurb of an MDF and like you had
> trouble removing the hopper. The tech was quite amused, he simply grabbed
> a
> big screwdriver, jammed the shaft in between the hopper and the body and
> levered around in a circle, gradually loosening the hopper upwards until
> it
> could be pulled out.
>
>
>
> We are taking about the model with the metal body are we? The newer type
> has 2 covewred screws in the hopper...
>
> Good luck!
>
> JeeWee
>
>
> news:Xns98CA61AF419F8rhharmonZhotmailcom@194.177.96.26:
>
>> JeeWee <vlaflipremovethis@freemail.nl> wrote in
>> news:Xns98CA11AA3B5JeeWee@193.202.122.103:
>>
>>> "Robert Harmon" <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote in
>>> news:LX7wh.16873$pQ3.6810@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>>>
>>>> I've acquired one of the older Gaggia MDF grinder. It's the shorter
>>>> version, the one that disassembles differently than the latest model.
>>>> I can't remember how the hopper comes of so the burr set can be
>>>> inspected. Can anyone offer some help or have a parts schematic for
>>>> this model? Does the burr set for the new model fit this model?
>>>>
>>>
>>> I used to own the same grinder. You will just have to put a large
>>> screwdriver under the hopper and jiggle a bit. Cover the screwdriver
>>> with a piece of cloth to hopefully avoid scratching the plastic.
>>>
>>> I think the bur set is the same as the newer models. I replaced mine
>>> by a pair that I purchased on the internet. They weren't labeled "old
>>> type"...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hopefully this helps you,
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>>
>>> JeeWee
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Howdy JeeWee!
>> Damn, I hate to use more force that I tried to get this thing loose. It
>> hasn't budged after working at it for ten minutes. I could sure use
> some
>> photos or exploded vies of this machine. Do you happen to know of any?
>>
>> Robert (duck & cover) Harmon
>
>