coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 12 Sep 2007 13:28:00
From: Godzilla
Subject: Re: Dave's PID suggestion
Heute PID 227F
Morgen die Welt?

Godzilla




 
Date: 14 Sep 2007 15:30:31
From: Godzilla
Subject: Re: Dave's PID suggestion
Godzilla wrote:

> Heute PID 227F
> Morgen die Welt?
>
> Godzilla


Today, I tried it at PID 226F

It was definitely less intense and a less sweet aftertaste than the
shot at 227F. I shall skip the intended 225F trial and go back to
227F for confirmation (using Malabar gold)

Godzilla


  
Date: 14 Sep 2007 16:41:48
From: Craig Andrews
Subject: Re: Dave's PID suggestion

"Godzilla" <godzilla@monsters.org > wrote in message
news:f079c$46eaef67$cf9b1316$6022@ALLTEL.NET...
> Godzilla wrote:
>
>> Heute PID 227F
>> Morgen die Welt?
>>
>> Godzilla
>
>
> Today, I tried it at PID 226F
>
> It was definitely less intense and a less sweet aftertaste than the
> shot at 227F. I shall skip the intended 225F trial and go back to
> 227F for confirmation (using Malabar gold)
>
> Godzilla


Espresso: Espresso Machines
Silvia PID: What Temperature?
http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/318730#318730 Just IMHO,
& I know enough, but what the frig do I know eh? Check out Dr. John's MG
brew specs.
Hey, but it's to your taste & no one else's., so you'll get a MILLION diff
responses..
Craig.



   
Date: 15 Sep 2007 13:59:31
From: Godzilla
Subject: Re: Dave's PID suggestion
Craig Andrews wrote:

>
> "Godzilla" <godzilla@monsters.org> wrote in message
> news:f079c$46eaef67$cf9b1316$6022@ALLTEL.NET...
>> Godzilla wrote:
>>
>>> Heute PID 227F
>>> Morgen die Welt?
>>>
>>> Godzilla
>>
>>
>> Today, I tried it at PID 226F
>>
>> It was definitely less intense and a less sweet aftertaste than the
>> shot at 227F. I shall skip the intended 225F trial and go back to
>> 227F for confirmation (using Malabar gold)
>>
>> Godzilla
>
>
> Espresso: Espresso Machines
> Silvia PID: What Temperature?
> http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/318730#318730
> Just IMHO, & I know enough, but what the frig do I know eh? Check
> out Dr. John's MG brew specs.
> Hey, but it's to your taste & no one else's., so you'll get a
> MILLION diff responses..
> Craig.

Today, I used Malabar Gold again (9 days from roasting) at 227F.
It was very good, but still not that elusive nirvana that we all seek.

However, I think that I know how to achieve my goal. The next time
that I win the sweepstakes, I shall call Dr. John, fly him out here
on a chartered jet, and have him make a few shots while I watch. ;-)

Godzilla


    
Date: 16 Sep 2007 12:17:57
From: Craig Andrews
Subject: Re: Dave's PID suggestion

"Godzilla" <godzilla@monsters.org > wrote in message
news:abb70$46ec2b93$cf9b1316$15118@ALLTEL.NET...
> Craig Andrews wrote:
>
>>
>> "Godzilla" <godzilla@monsters.org> wrote in message
>> news:f079c$46eaef67$cf9b1316$6022@ALLTEL.NET...
>>> Godzilla wrote:
>>>
>>>> Heute PID 227F
>>>> Morgen die Welt?
>>>>
>>>> Godzilla
>>>
>>>
>>> Today, I tried it at PID 226F
>>>
>>> It was definitely less intense and a less sweet aftertaste than the
>>> shot at 227F. I shall skip the intended 225F trial and go back to
>>> 227F for confirmation (using Malabar gold)
>>>
>>> Godzilla
>>
>>
>> Espresso: Espresso Machines
>> Silvia PID: What Temperature?
>> http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/318730#318730
>> Just IMHO, & I know enough, but what the frig do I know eh? Check
>> out Dr. John's MG brew specs.
>> Hey, but it's to your taste & no one else's., so you'll get a
>> MILLION diff responses..
>> Craig.
>
> Today, I used Malabar Gold again (9 days from roasting) at 227F.
> It was very good, but still not that elusive nirvana that we all seek.
>
> However, I think that I know how to achieve my goal. The next time
> that I win the sweepstakes, I shall call Dr. John, fly him out here
> on a chartered jet, and have him make a few shots while I watch. ;-)
>
> Godzilla

Whatever works for ya..
Craig.