coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 06 May 2007 18:31:27
From: AirRaid
Subject: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=3D55564


Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
I just want coffee'
Posted: May 6, 2007
2:07 p.m. Eastern


=A9 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

An Ohio woman is steaming after reading an anti-God message published
on the side of a Starbucks coffee cup.

The message that got Michelle Incanno's blood boiling reads:

"Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As
cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a
figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside
ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough
to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."

http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/michelleincanno.jpg


The quote was written by Bill Schell, a Starbucks customer from
London, Ontario, Canada, and was included as part of an effort by the
Seattle-based coffee giant to collect different viewpoints and spur
discussion.

"As someone who loves God, I was so offended by that," Michelle
Incanno, a married mother of three who is Catholic, told the Dayton
Daily News. "I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
I just want coffee."


Incanno of Springboro, Ohio, admits she had been a huge fan of
Starbucks before discovering the message, always ordering a large,
house-brewed coffee with nonfat milk and two Splenda.

"I wouldn't feel right going back," she said.

The paper says Incanno wasn't satisfied with a company disclaimer
saying the quote is the author's opinion, not necessarily that of
Starbucks, which invites customers to respond on its website.

Starbucks spokeswoman Sanja Gould said the collection of thoughts and
opinions is a "way to promote open, respectful conversation among a
wide variety of individuals. "


Starbucks cup with a pro-homosexual message caused controversy in
Waco, Texas, in 2005 (courtesy: Seattle Times)

This is not the first time a message on a Starbucks cup has caused
controversy.

As WND reported in September 2005, officials at Baylor University told
the Starbucks store on its Waco, Texas, campus to remove a cup said to
promote homosexuality.

The offending cup featured the words of homosexual novelist Armistead
Maupin.

It read:

"My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so
long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have
been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself.
Life's too damn short."

Baylor University, the world's largest Baptist school, refused to
comment on the issue, said KCEN-TV in central Texas. Employees at the
campus Starbucks said none of their customers had complained about the
cup, but they removed it nonetheless.





 
Date: 09 May 2007 06:53:40
From: Dave b
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On May 9, 1:23 am, "Ken Fox" <morceaudemerdeSnipT...@hotmail.com >
wrote:
> "Christopher A.Lee" <c...@optonline.net> wrote in message
>
> news:gsj24353onhkkk5q46ql8l4rtdbh21lgq5@4ax.com...
>
>
>
> > On Wed, 09 May 2007 03:45:53 GMT, "Tony Jester" <nos...@nospam.org>
> > wrote:
>
> >>"Davlo" <d...@cox.net> wrote in message
> >>news:frw%h.140946$2Q1.129795@newsfe16.lga...
>
> >>> blah blah blah...
>
> >>Sad that the only thing that has ever brought support for Starbucks on
> >>this
> >>forum is Starbucks (by default) denying the fact of God's existence. "The
>
> > What "fact",moron?
>
> >>fool says in his heart 'there is no God'". In the face of the enormous
>
> > The stupid nasty lying Christian attacks this dishonest straw man.
>
> >>mountain of evidence to the contrary, to claim he doesn't exist is just as
> >>ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat.
>
> > So provide some of this "enormous amount of evidence" then,
> > brainwashed liar. You'll be the first in 2000 years.
>
> You know, there really is no place for this sort of stuff here. You don't
> have to believe what someone else does (and for the record, I don't either)
> to be decent enough to give it a pass and have the decency to keep your
> mouth SHUT.
>
> Your uncharitable post and others like it go a long way to explaining why
> this newsgroup, which used to be vital, is just about dead.
>
> ken

and your insults, name-calling and carping have had NO effect I
presume, fox?

I recall your treatise: "we have hit bottom" from some time ago.

regards

dave



 
Date: 09 May 2007 06:14:53
From: Hatter
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On May 9, 5:18 am, Budikka666 <budik...@netscape.net > wrote:
> On May 6, 8:31 pm, AirHead <AirHead...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> >http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=3D55564
>
> > Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
> > Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
> > I just want coffee'
> > Posted: May 6, 2007
> > 2:07 p.m. Eastern
>
> > =A9 2007 WorldNetDaily.com
>
> > An Ohio woman is steaming after reading an anti-God message published
> > on the side of a Starbucks coffee cup.
>
> > The message that got Michelle Incanno's blood boiling reads:
>
> > "Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As
> > cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a
> > figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside
> > ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough
> > to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."
>
> >http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/michelleincanno.jpg
>
> > The quote was written by Bill Schell, a Starbucks customer from
> > London, Ontario, Canada, and was included as part of an effort by the
> > Seattle-based coffee giant to collect different viewpoints and spur
> > discussion.
>
> > "As someone who loves God, I was so offended by that," Michelle
> > Incanno, a married mother of three who is Catholic, told the Dayton
> > Daily News. "I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
> > I just want coffee."
>
> > Incanno of Springboro, Ohio, admits she had been a huge fan of
> > Starbucks before discovering the message, always ordering a large,
> > house-brewed coffee with nonfat milk and two Splenda.
>
> > "I wouldn't feel right going back," she said.
>
> > The paper says Incanno wasn't satisfied with a company disclaimer
> > saying the quote is the author's opinion, not necessarily that of
> > Starbucks, which invites customers to respond on its website.
>
> > Starbucks spokeswoman Sanja Gould said the collection of thoughts and
> > opinions is a "way to promote open, respectful conversation among a
> > wide variety of individuals. "
>
> > Starbucks cup with a pro-homosexual message caused controversy in
> > Waco, Texas, in 2005 (courtesy: Seattle Times)
>
> > This is not the first time a message on a Starbucks cup has caused
> > controversy.
>
> > As WND reported in September 2005, officials at Baylor University told
> > the Starbucks store on its Waco, Texas, campus to remove a cup said to
> > promote homosexuality.
>
> > The offending cup featured the words of homosexual novelist Armistead
> > Maupin.
>
> > It read:
>
> > "My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so
> > long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have
> > been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself.
> > Life's too damn short."
>
> > Baylor University, the world's largest Baptist school, refused to
> > comment on the issue, said KCEN-TV in central Texas. Employees at the
> > campus Starbucks said none of their customers had complained about the
> > cup, but they removed it nonetheless.
>
> So when they host a series of quotes on their coffee cups, of which
> this is only one, designed to encourage dialog about differing points
> of view, you think they should have hot coffee thrown in their eyes?
>
> There goes your credibility.
>
But only with the rational and tolerant; it just went up with the
irrational and intolerant.

Hatter




 
Date: 09 May 2007 02:18:56
From: Budikka666
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On May 6, 8:31 pm, AirHead <AirHead...@gmail.com > wrote:
> http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=3D55564
>
> Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
> Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
> I just want coffee'
> Posted: May 6, 2007
> 2:07 p.m. Eastern
>
> =A9 2007 WorldNetDaily.com
>
> An Ohio woman is steaming after reading an anti-God message published
> on the side of a Starbucks coffee cup.
>
> The message that got Michelle Incanno's blood boiling reads:
>
> "Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As
> cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a
> figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside
> ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough
> to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."
>
> http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/michelleincanno.jpg
>
> The quote was written by Bill Schell, a Starbucks customer from
> London, Ontario, Canada, and was included as part of an effort by the
> Seattle-based coffee giant to collect different viewpoints and spur
> discussion.
>
> "As someone who loves God, I was so offended by that," Michelle
> Incanno, a married mother of three who is Catholic, told the Dayton
> Daily News. "I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
> I just want coffee."
>
> Incanno of Springboro, Ohio, admits she had been a huge fan of
> Starbucks before discovering the message, always ordering a large,
> house-brewed coffee with nonfat milk and two Splenda.
>
> "I wouldn't feel right going back," she said.
>
> The paper says Incanno wasn't satisfied with a company disclaimer
> saying the quote is the author's opinion, not necessarily that of
> Starbucks, which invites customers to respond on its website.
>
> Starbucks spokeswoman Sanja Gould said the collection of thoughts and
> opinions is a "way to promote open, respectful conversation among a
> wide variety of individuals. "
>
> Starbucks cup with a pro-homosexual message caused controversy in
> Waco, Texas, in 2005 (courtesy: Seattle Times)
>
> This is not the first time a message on a Starbucks cup has caused
> controversy.
>
> As WND reported in September 2005, officials at Baylor University told
> the Starbucks store on its Waco, Texas, campus to remove a cup said to
> promote homosexuality.
>
> The offending cup featured the words of homosexual novelist Armistead
> Maupin.
>
> It read:
>
> "My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so
> long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have
> been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself.
> Life's too damn short."
>
> Baylor University, the world's largest Baptist school, refused to
> comment on the issue, said KCEN-TV in central Texas. Employees at the
> campus Starbucks said none of their customers had complained about the
> cup, but they removed it nonetheless.

So when they host a series of quotes on their coffee cups, of which
this is only one, designed to encourage dialog about differing points
of view, you think they should have hot coffee thrown in their eyes?

There goes your credibility.

Budikka



 
Date: 08 May 2007 10:27:27
From: SMS
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their
AirRaid wrote:

> Incanno of Springboro, Ohio, admits she had been a huge fan of
> Starbucks before discovering the message, always ordering a large,
> house-brewed coffee with nonfat milk and two Splenda.

<snip >

Once when I put some half and half into a cup of Starbucks coffee, in
order to make it palatable, the cream formed an image of the VM.
Everyone in the place was snapping pictures of my coffee.

Personally, I think that these businesses should not be printing
anything on their cups other than the name of the business, and
"Caution, the Beverage You are About to Enjoy is Extremely Hot."

In 'N Out Burger prints references to New Testament verses on the
bottoms of their cups, and on some other food packaging, but not the
actual verse. I guess that's low-key enough, and it's a privately held
company and they can do whatever they want.

Soda cup: John 3:16
Milkshake cup: Proverbs 3:5
Water cup: John 14:6
Hamburger wrapper: Revelation 3:20
Double-Double wrapper: Nahum 1:7

At least In 'N Out appears to give more than mere lip service to their
beliefs. They pay high wages for fast food, provide insurance, and I
once saw someone come in and ask for food in exchange for some work, and
the manager let them sweep the parking lot in exchange for food.


 
Date: 07 May 2007 20:33:03
From: Arthur Shapiro
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
In article <1178501487.698833.203950@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com >, AirRaid <AirRaidJet@gmail.com> wrote:
>http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=3D55564
>
>
>Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming

Well, I have to confess that if I for some god-awful reason decided to
purchase a cup of coffee at Starbucks, and the cup had something on it such as
"Accept Jesus into your heart", I'd probably throw a galactic hissy fit or at
least demand it be transferred to a different vessel.

This message seems to be heavily cross-posted, but for the alt.coffee folks:

Several months ago I was at a convention at a large hotel, and they proudly
proclaimed that the coffee was from Starbucks. As I had my roll of Tums in
the waistpack, and certainly could use some coffee, I dispensed a cup with
considerable trepedation. I don't know what variety this was, presumably some
Central American mild brew, but other than being too cool it was halfway
decent, and most decidedly not burned as per the usual complaint. This was a
very unexpected reaction.

Art


  
Date: 07 May 2007 19:40:37
From: Jeff
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their
* Arthur Shapiro wrote, On 5/7/2007 4:33 PM:
> Several months ago I was at a convention at a large hotel, and they proudly
> proclaimed that the coffee was from Starbucks. As I had my roll of Tums in
> the waistpack, and certainly could use some coffee, I dispensed a cup with
> considerable trepedation. I don't know what variety this was, presumably some
> Central American mild brew, but other than being too cool it was halfway
> decent, and most decidedly not burned as per the usual complaint. This was a
> very unexpected reaction.


I find coffee from Starbucks to be absolutely undrinkable - generally
the worst I've had anywhere.

However, at various venues, such as at the local college where I
sometimes take adult ed classes, their coffee "for export" is not too bad.


 
Date: 07 May 2007 11:37:56
From: Vlad the accountant
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On May 7, 5:52 pm, Hatter <Hatte...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On May 7, 6:50 am, Vlad the accountant
>
>
>
> <vlad.the.account...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On 7 May, 03:50, "Davlo" <d...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > > "AirRaid" <AirRaid...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > >news:1178501487.698833.203950@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55564
>
> > > >Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
> > > >Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
> > > >I just want coffee',
>
> > > blah blah blah...
>
> > > Why is it always the "religious" types with their so-called love and peace
> > > and tolerance for all of gods creatures who get so bent when something goes
> > > against their narrow world view and belief system?
>
> > > Can you imagine the countless things non-religious people could get all
> > > indignant and arrogant in regard to religion being foisted upon them in
> > > everyday settings?
>
> > > If that deeply offended narrow-minded saint feels so bothered by the words
> > > on a cup, then she should simply not patronize that establishment. Instead
> > > she has show everyone how friggin' righteous she is. Maybe it's a shortcut
> > > to heaven...
>
> > You think Starbucks is bad, when I was in spain I could'n't get a
> > piece of toast without some woman falling to her Knees in prayer at
> > the images of jesus or mary or some other saint that kept being burnt
> > on it. Why does god have to keep doing that, im thinking of boycotting
> > communion waffers.- Hide quoted text -
>
> Have you ever had one? Now I've bought a box of them and only spraying
> easy cheese on them make
> it palettable. Now if only Ernie Keebler had died for our sins instead
> of Jesus, then communion would be really yummy.
>
> Hatter- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

theres a thread in this "if only....Had died for our sins....better"

I'll start

If only Coco Chanel had died for our sins priestly vestments would
still be black, only chic'er"
if only pablo escobar had died for our sins we would have much better
snow on yuletide cards.

Anybody else?




  
Date: 07 May 2007 13:38:51
From: Ross Wentworth
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their
Vlad the accountant wrote:
> On May 7, 5:52 pm, Hatter <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 7, 6:50 am, Vlad the accountant
>>
>>
>>
>> <vlad.the.account...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> On 7 May, 03:50, "Davlo" <d...@cox.net> wrote:
>>>> "AirRaid" <AirRaid...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:1178501487.698833.203950@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55564
>>>>> Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
>>>>> Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
>>>>> I just want coffee',
>>>> blah blah blah...
>>>> Why is it always the "religious" types with their so-called love and peace
>>>> and tolerance for all of gods creatures who get so bent when something goes
>>>> against their narrow world view and belief system?
>>>> Can you imagine the countless things non-religious people could get all
>>>> indignant and arrogant in regard to religion being foisted upon them in
>>>> everyday settings?
>>>> If that deeply offended narrow-minded saint feels so bothered by the words
>>>> on a cup, then she should simply not patronize that establishment. Instead
>>>> she has show everyone how friggin' righteous she is. Maybe it's a shortcut
>>>> to heaven...
>>> You think Starbucks is bad, when I was in spain I could'n't get a
>>> piece of toast without some woman falling to her Knees in prayer at
>>> the images of jesus or mary or some other saint that kept being burnt
>>> on it. Why does god have to keep doing that, im thinking of boycotting
>>> communion waffers.- Hide quoted text -
>> Have you ever had one? Now I've bought a box of them and only spraying
>> easy cheese on them make
>> it palettable. Now if only Ernie Keebler had died for our sins instead
>> of Jesus, then communion would be really yummy.
>>
>> Hatter- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> theres a thread in this "if only....Had died for our sins....better"
>
> I'll start
>
> If only Coco Chanel had died for our sins priestly vestments would
> still be black, only chic'er"
> if only pablo escobar had died for our sins we would have much better
> snow on yuletide cards.
>
> Anybody else?
>
>

If only Pamela Anderson had died for our sins.... errrh, maybe I
shouldn't go there.


 
Date: 07 May 2007 09:52:04
From: Hatter
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On May 7, 6:50 am, Vlad the accountant
<vlad.the.account...@googlemail.com > wrote:
> On 7 May, 03:50, "Davlo" <d...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > "AirRaid" <AirRaid...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:1178501487.698833.203950@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55564
>
> > >Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
> > >Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
> > >I just want coffee',
>
> > blah blah blah...
>
> > Why is it always the "religious" types with their so-called love and peace
> > and tolerance for all of gods creatures who get so bent when something goes
> > against their narrow world view and belief system?
>
> > Can you imagine the countless things non-religious people could get all
> > indignant and arrogant in regard to religion being foisted upon them in
> > everyday settings?
>
> > If that deeply offended narrow-minded saint feels so bothered by the words
> > on a cup, then she should simply not patronize that establishment. Instead
> > she has show everyone how friggin' righteous she is. Maybe it's a shortcut
> > to heaven...
>
> You think Starbucks is bad, when I was in spain I could'n't get a
> piece of toast without some woman falling to her Knees in prayer at
> the images of jesus or mary or some other saint that kept being burnt
> on it. Why does god have to keep doing that, im thinking of boycotting
> communion waffers.- Hide quoted text -
>
Have you ever had one? Now I've bought a box of them and only spraying
easy cheese on them make
it palettable. Now if only Ernie Keebler had died for our sins instead
of Jesus, then communion would be really yummy.

Hatter




 
Date: 07 May 2007 04:53:20
From: hazchem
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
what I don't get about this kind of hoo-haa, and i must thank Bill
Hicks for the idea; but isn't this woman a Christian?

Can't she just forgive Starbucks?

Personally, i've NEVER forgiven them for the one mouth full of their
so-called 'coffee' i was stupid enough to try when they first opened
in Sydney.




 
Date: 07 May 2007 03:50:37
From: Vlad the accountant
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On 7 May, 03:50, "Davlo" <d...@cox.net > wrote:
> "AirRaid" <AirRaid...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1178501487.698833.203950@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55564
>
> >Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
> >Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
> >I just want coffee',
>
> blah blah blah...
>
> Why is it always the "religious" types with their so-called love and peace
> and tolerance for all of gods creatures who get so bent when something goes
> against their narrow world view and belief system?
>
> Can you imagine the countless things non-religious people could get all
> indignant and arrogant in regard to religion being foisted upon them in
> everyday settings?
>
> If that deeply offended narrow-minded saint feels so bothered by the words
> on a cup, then she should simply not patronize that establishment. Instead
> she has show everyone how friggin' righteous she is. Maybe it's a shortcut
> to heaven...

You think Starbucks is bad, when I was in spain I could'n't get a
piece of toast without some woman falling to her Knees in prayer at
the images of jesus or mary or some other saint that kept being burnt
on it. Why does god have to keep doing that, im thinking of boycotting
communion waffers.



 
Date: 06 May 2007 22:50:28
From: Davlo
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes

"AirRaid" <AirRaidJet@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:1178501487.698833.203950@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55564


>Anti-God Starbucks cup has customer steaming
>Woman says: 'I don't think there needs to be religious dialogue on it.
>I just want coffee',

blah blah blah...


Why is it always the "religious" types with their so-called love and peace
and tolerance for all of gods creatures who get so bent when something goes
against their narrow world view and belief system?

Can you imagine the countless things non-religious people could get all
indignant and arrogant in regard to religion being foisted upon them in
everyday settings?

If that deeply offended narrow-minded saint feels so bothered by the words
on a cup, then she should simply not patronize that establishment. Instead
she has show everyone how friggin' righteous she is. Maybe it's a shortcut
to heaven...




  
Date: 09 May 2007 03:45:53
From: Tony Jester
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
"Davlo" <davlo@cox.net > wrote in message
news:frw%h.140946$2Q1.129795@newsfe16.lga...

> blah blah blah...

Sad that the only thing that has ever brought support for Starbucks on this
forum is Starbucks (by default) denying the fact of God's existence. "The
fool says in his heart 'there is no God'". In the face of the enormous
mountain of evidence to the contrary, to claim he doesn't exist is just as
ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat.




   
Date: 09 May 2007 09:57:15
From: Davlo
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes

"Tony Jester" <nospam@nospam.org > wrote in message
news:Rtb0i.5277$H_.1849@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net...
> "Davlo" <davlo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:frw%h.140946$2Q1.129795@newsfe16.lga...
>
>> blah blah blah...
>
> Sad that the only thing that has ever brought support for Starbucks on
> this
> forum is Starbucks (by default) denying the fact of God's existence. "The
> fool says in his heart 'there is no God'". In the face of the enormous
> mountain of evidence to the contrary, to claim he doesn't exist is just as
> ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat.

Who ever told you that a disdain for religion equals a disbelief in god? I
don't claim that there is no god - who knows? But to proclaim the existence
of something that hasn't been proven is just as ridiculous as claiming the
earth is flat.

I will say this; if (IF) there is a god, what makes anyone who believes in
such a being think that this god cares in the slightest about humanity? If
anything, the evidence would suggest that this god either dislikes us a lot,
or thinks of us as we think of dust mites.




   
Date: 09 May 2007 00:37:43
From: Christopher A.Lee
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On Wed, 09 May 2007 03:45:53 GMT, "Tony Jester" <nospam@nospam.org >
wrote:

>"Davlo" <davlo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:frw%h.140946$2Q1.129795@newsfe16.lga...
>
>> blah blah blah...
>
>Sad that the only thing that has ever brought support for Starbucks on this
>forum is Starbucks (by default) denying the fact of God's existence. "The

What "fact",moron?

>fool says in his heart 'there is no God'". In the face of the enormous

The stupid nasty lying Christian attacks this dishonest straw man.

>mountain of evidence to the contrary, to claim he doesn't exist is just as
>ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat.

So provide some of this "enormous amount of evidence" then,
brainwashed liar. You'll be the first in 2000 years.



    
Date: 08 May 2007 23:23:14
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
"Christopher A.Lee" <calee@optonline.net > wrote in message
news:gsj24353onhkkk5q46ql8l4rtdbh21lgq5@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 09 May 2007 03:45:53 GMT, "Tony Jester" <nospam@nospam.org>
> wrote:
>
>>"Davlo" <davlo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:frw%h.140946$2Q1.129795@newsfe16.lga...
>>
>>> blah blah blah...
>>
>>Sad that the only thing that has ever brought support for Starbucks on
>>this
>>forum is Starbucks (by default) denying the fact of God's existence. "The
>
> What "fact",moron?
>
>>fool says in his heart 'there is no God'". In the face of the enormous
>
> The stupid nasty lying Christian attacks this dishonest straw man.
>
>>mountain of evidence to the contrary, to claim he doesn't exist is just as
>>ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat.
>
> So provide some of this "enormous amount of evidence" then,
> brainwashed liar. You'll be the first in 2000 years.
>

You know, there really is no place for this sort of stuff here. You don't
have to believe what someone else does (and for the record, I don't either)
to be decent enough to give it a pass and have the decency to keep your
mouth SHUT.

Your uncharitable post and others like it go a long way to explaining why
this newsgroup, which used to be vital, is just about dead.

ken




     
Date: 09 May 2007 22:03:09
From: Martin
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their
Ken Fox wrote:
> "Christopher A.Lee" <calee@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:gsj24353onhkkk5q46ql8l4rtdbh21lgq5@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 09 May 2007 03:45:53 GMT, "Tony Jester" <nospam@nospam.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Davlo" <davlo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> news:frw%h.140946$2Q1.129795@newsfe16.lga...
>>>
>>>> blah blah blah...
>>> Sad that the only thing that has ever brought support for Starbucks on
>>> this
>>> forum is Starbucks (by default) denying the fact of God's existence. "The
>> What "fact",moron?
>>
>>> fool says in his heart 'there is no God'". In the face of the enormous
>> The stupid nasty lying Christian attacks this dishonest straw man.
>>
>>> mountain of evidence to the contrary, to claim he doesn't exist is just as
>>> ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat.
>> So provide some of this "enormous amount of evidence" then,
>> brainwashed liar. You'll be the first in 2000 years.
>>
>
> You know, there really is no place for this sort of stuff here. You don't
> have to believe what someone else does (and for the record, I don't either)
> to be decent enough to give it a pass and have the decency to keep your
> mouth SHUT.

Why?

He made the claim there was enormous evidence, he should be challenged
to produce it.

Who the hell are you to tell anyone to keep their mouth shut? It's not
enough to give it a pass, let him produce this evidence.

You KNOW he can't and don't want the challenge and so you tell people to
"keep mouth shut". Coward!


      
Date: 10 May 2007 05:22:04
From: Tony Jester
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
"Martin" <usenet1@etiqa.co.uk > wrote in message
news:46423613$0$21846$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...

> He made the claim there was enormous evidence, he should be challenged
> to produce it. You KNOW he can't and don't want the challenge

Of course I can. In fact, I could go on for days. Literally. The evidence
is simply overwhelming. I wasn't going to respond because I figured not
only was it against the rules, but there was no need as the truth of God is
self evident to most people here. I'm honestly surprised to learn
otherwise. I can only marvel at God that he shows such mercy to all
people - both those who believe in him and those who hate him. As to the
evidence, it really is almost infinite. From the size of an apple to the
size of the moon.



"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities and divine
nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, SO
THAT MEN ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE"!



"The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his
hands. Day after day they pour forth speech. Night after night they
proclaim knowledge."



In other words, even without any other witness (of which there is much), the
creation alone is enough to prove God exists. No person will be able to
stand before God and claim ignorance.



If anyone is actually reading this, LISTEN UP! Common misconception: There
are not two sets of evidence, one set for believers and another set of
evidence for non-believers. It is the SAME evidence. And it must be taken
as a whole, a sum total, and then weighed as in a court of law. After this,
a verdict is reached based on the totality of the evidence. For instance,
take the size of an apple. I submit this as exhibit one. I say, this apple
is exactly the correct size for eating. God created it for exactly such and
it is perfect in this role. In fact, all the various fruits and vegetables
are exactly the perfect size. From the pea to the watermelon. Now, you say
hogwash. Fruit evolved that way because by being this size the seeds got
dispersed and so on. Both points are equally valid and no determination can
be made from this alone. More evidence is needed. Let's skip about a
million more ever larger examples and jump to the size of the moon. Or its
mass to be more precise. Without the moon, there could be no life on earth.
The moon's mass and its distance from the earth is fixed in EXACTLY the
right proportions to produce the tidal movements that stir up the oceans and
keep them from becoming giant stagnant ponds. If the moon were larger or
closer, the tides would flood the coasts. If it were smaller or farther
away, the tides would not be effective.



Again, taken alone, you could argue that this just happened by chance
(although the statistical probability is very, very small). The thing is,
there are thousands or millions of such examples, of which I have only
provided two. Anyone of them alone could be explained by random chance BUT
NOT ALL OF THEM, THOUSANDS OR MILLIONS, TOGETHER!



Let me give one final example. It is what I consider God's cherry on top of
the cosmic banana split: What happens during a total solar eclipse? How do
you atheists explain it? What do you suppose the statistical probability of
all the factors involved lining up to produce the solar corona? The
distances between the sun, moon and earth, and the relative sizes of the sun
and moon have to ALL be exactly correct. If any single one of them were off
by just a little bit, we would never see the corona. The sad fact for all
you God haters is the statistical probability is so low that it is literally
mathematically impossible. And you never even thought of it, did you???



Darwinism is a joke. In the light of the fossil record, NO intelligent
person outside of a high school biology class believes in Darwinism. Darwin
himself said at the end of his book Origin of the Species "The fossil record
will be the proof or refutation of my theory". He said that 150 years ago.
A LOT of fossils have been dug up since then. Guess what? The vast
majority of that evidence supports the Biblical account of creation.



Here is a fact. You don't believe in God because you don't want to, NOT
because of any evidence one way or the other. You believe in Darwinism not
because of any evidence for it. Sure a moth in England adapted to a
changing environment, BUT IT'S STILL A MOTH. The beak of some finch on the
Galapagos Islands changed to allow the bird to adapt, BUT IT IS STILL A
FINCH. Bacteria can grow resistant to antibiotics, BUT THEY ARE STILL
BACTIERA. Sure, there is similarity of structure. You could use that if
the preponderance of all other evidence supported your theory. But the
evidence does just the opposite. So I say similarity of structure is
evidence for a similar architect.



Lastly, consider the coffee bean. Now, where would we all be without it?
I'm telling you, God thought of everything ;-)



-Tony-





       
Date: 10 May 2007 14:45:56
From: John Baker
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
On Thu, 10 May 2007 05:22:04 GMT, "Tony Jester" <nospam@nospam.org >
wrote:

>"Martin" <usenet1@etiqa.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:46423613$0$21846$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
>
>> He made the claim there was enormous evidence, he should be challenged
>> to produce it. You KNOW he can't and don't want the challenge
>
>Of course I can. In fact, I could go on for days. Literally. The evidence
>is simply overwhelming.

The evidence for your abysmal stupidity, perhaps.....




       
Date: 09 May 2007 23:32:16
From: Charles & Mambo Duckman
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their
Tony Jester wrote:

>>He made the claim there was enormous evidence, he should be challenged
>>to produce it. You KNOW he can't and don't want the challenge
>
>
> Of course I can. In fact, I could go on for days. Literally. The evidence
> is simply overwhelming. I wasn't going to respond because I figured not
> only was it against the rules, but there was no need as the truth of God is
> self evident to most people here. I'm honestly surprised to learn
> otherwise. I can only marvel at God that he shows such mercy to all
> people - both those who believe in him and those who hate him. As to the
> evidence, it really is almost infinite. From the size of an apple to the
> size of the moon.

And here's my evidence, as valid as yours, for the existence of the
Super-nuclear Intergallactic Donkey whose ass created the Universe after
eating a bad burrito:

bla bla bla bla flower bla bla bla bla Sun bla bla bla bla stars bla bla bla
bla water bla bla bla bla design bla bla bla bla love bla bla bla bla mercy
bla bla bla bla sacrifice bla bla bla bla eye bla bla bla bla DNA bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

Hey, I too can go on for days like this. Literally.




--
Come down off the cross
We can use the wood

Tom Waits, Come On Up To The House


     
Date: 09 May 2007 05:02:08
From: Robibnikoff
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes

"Ken Fox" <morceaudemerdeSnipThis@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:5ad45sF2o670uU1@mid.individual.net...
> "Christopher A.Lee" <calee@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:gsj24353onhkkk5q46ql8l4rtdbh21lgq5@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 09 May 2007 03:45:53 GMT, "Tony Jester" <nospam@nospam.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Davlo" <davlo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>news:frw%h.140946$2Q1.129795@newsfe16.lga...
>>>
>>>> blah blah blah...
>>>
>>>Sad that the only thing that has ever brought support for Starbucks on
>>>this
>>>forum is Starbucks (by default) denying the fact of God's existence.
>>>"The
>>
>> What "fact",moron?
>>
>>>fool says in his heart 'there is no God'". In the face of the enormous
>>
>> The stupid nasty lying Christian attacks this dishonest straw man.
>>
>>>mountain of evidence to the contrary, to claim he doesn't exist is just
>>>as
>>>ridiculous as claiming the earth is flat.
>>
>> So provide some of this "enormous amount of evidence" then,
>> brainwashed liar. You'll be the first in 2000 years.
>>
>
> You know, there really is no place for this sort of stuff here. You don't
> have to believe what someone else does (and for the record, I don't
> either) to be decent enough to give it a pass and have the decency to keep
> your mouth SHUT.
>
> Your uncharitable post and others like it go a long way to explaining why
> this newsgroup, which used to be vital, is just about dead.

Which newsgroup are you referring to? Chris is posting from alt.atheism,
which is far from dead.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo
BAAWA Knight!
#1557




      
Date: 09 May 2007 08:52:40
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
"Robibnikoff" <witchypoo@broomstick.com > wrote in message
news:5adh0eF2nvccjU1@mid.individual.net...
>
>
> Which newsgroup are you referring to? Chris is posting from alt.atheism,
> which is far from dead.
> --
> Robyn
> Resident Witchypoo
> BAAWA Knight!
> #1557
>

Like most others around here, I haven't been posting much lately. I forgot
to look to see that it was a crosspost.

Unfortunately, the unmoderated nature of usenet has led to the downfall of
this group. Crossposting and the aberrant behavior of individuals has more
or less killed ac.

ken






       
Date: 09 May 2007 10:57:33
From: Davlo
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes

"Ken Fox" <morceaudemerdeThisMerdeGoes@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:5ae5hpF2n0cs7U1@mid.individual.net...
> "Robibnikoff" <witchypoo@broomstick.com> wrote in message
> news:5adh0eF2nvccjU1@mid.individual.net...
>>
>>
>> Which newsgroup are you referring to? Chris is posting from alt.atheism,
>> which is far from dead.
>> --
>> Robyn
>> Resident Witchypoo
>> BAAWA Knight!
>> #1557
>>
>
> Like most others around here, I haven't been posting much lately. I
> forgot to look to see that it was a crosspost.
>
> Unfortunately, the unmoderated nature of usenet has led to the downfall of
> this group. Crossposting and the aberrant behavior of individuals has
> more or less killed ac.
>
> ken


Yes, because only something like 95% of the posts on ac are actually about
coffee. The horror...




        
Date: 09 May 2007 10:51:20
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes
"Davlo" <davlo@cox.net > wrote in message
news:Ogl0i.35793$ZD3.26145@newsfe01.lga...
>
> >
> Yes, because only something like 95% of the posts on ac are actually about
> coffee. The horror...
>

Actually, you miss the point. If you look at the content that used to get
posted here, say 3 years ago, and compare it to what is getting posted here
now, ac is running at maybe 10% of prior volume of serious coffee content.
It has all moved elsewhere, to internet coffee forums and other sites. I
can honestly say that if I never came back here, barring some sort of
change, the only things I'd miss are occasional notices of events and the
interesting prose of such writers as Danny and Bernie. Any actually usable
content is already being crossposted to web based sites, and when posted
here it is done merely as a courtesy to those few here who don't participate
elsewhere.

ken




         
Date: 09 May 2007 13:29:16
From: Davlo
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes

"Ken Fox" <morceaudemerdeThisMerdeGoes@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:5aecg8F2nv3vjU1@mid.individual.net...
> "Davlo" <davlo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:Ogl0i.35793$ZD3.26145@newsfe01.lga...
>>
>> >
>> Yes, because only something like 95% of the posts on ac are actually
>> about coffee. The horror...
>>
>
> Actually, you miss the point. If you look at the content that used to get
> posted here, say 3 years ago, and compare it to what is getting posted
> here now, ac is running at maybe 10% of prior volume of serious coffee
> content. It has all moved elsewhere, to internet coffee forums and other
> sites. I can honestly say that if I never came back here, barring some
> sort of change, the only things I'd miss are occasional notices of events
> and the interesting prose of such writers as Danny and Bernie. Any
> actually usable content is already being crossposted to web based sites,
> and when posted here it is done merely as a courtesy to those few here who
> don't participate elsewhere.
>
> ken

It's great you feel as you do about this, but then why complain? Things
change constantly, and the internet of today *is* vastly different than it
was 3-5 years ago. Instead of making a pointless complaint why not simply
visit those sites that you mention to get your coffee-talk fix? Complaining
about ng's is like pissing in the wind...no good can come of it.




          
Date: 09 May 2007 13:32:11
From: Craig Andrews
Subject: Re: Starbucks marketing slags, CEO need hot coffee thrown in their eyes

"Davlo" <davlo@cox.net > wrote in message
news:1vn0i.96985$NK5.55249@newsfe23.lga...
>
> "Ken Fox" <morceaudemerdeThisMerdeGoes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:5aecg8F2nv3vjU1@mid.individual.net...
>> "Davlo" <davlo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> news:Ogl0i.35793$ZD3.26145@newsfe01.lga...
>>>
>>> >
>>> Yes, because only something like 95% of the posts on ac are actually
>>> about coffee. The horror...
>>>
>>
>> Actually, you miss the point. If you look at the content that used
>> to get posted here, say 3 years ago, and compare it to what is
>> getting posted here now, ac is running at maybe 10% of prior volume
>> of serious coffee content. It has all moved elsewhere, to internet
>> coffee forums and other sites. I can honestly say that if I never
>> came back here, barring some sort of change, the only things I'd miss
>> are occasional notices of events and the interesting prose of such
>> writers as Danny and Bernie. Any actually usable content is already
>> being crossposted to web based sites, and when posted here it is done
>> merely as a courtesy to those few here who don't participate
>> elsewhere.
>>
>> ken
>
> It's great you feel as you do about this, but then why complain?
> Things change constantly, and the internet of today *is* vastly
> different than it was 3-5 years ago. Instead of making a pointless
> complaint why not simply visit those sites that you mention to get
> your coffee-talk fix? Complaining about ng's is like pissing in the
> wind...no good can come of it.
>

Yeah, unless ya enjoy giving yourself a golden shower.. {:-O
Craig.