coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 08 Dec 2006 14:53:01
From: jmdolinger@earthlink.net
Subject: Suggestions for a holiday gift to a coffee lover?
Hey all,

My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
$100).

Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?

Thanks so much, anything is greatly appreciated!

Jason





 
Date: 11 Dec 2006 09:41:48
From: Don C.
Subject: Re: Spammerdepr
I have posted before that I feel Eureka is a blight on this NG with his
incessant worthless spam. I appreciate the fact that others are now
joining the chorus.

The worst thing about the spam is what Roughjaw alluded to. For Eureka
the answer to any question regardless of topic is "buy my beans."

To hide behind inane claims of racism or xenophobia makes Eureka all
the more shameful and pathetic.

Eureka wrote:
> Ok, Matthew since YOU think that promoting a good source of coffee beans is
> 'not contributing' to the forum and think of it as spam when others do
> exactly the same and you don't criticize them for doing it. I have decided
> to contribute with a nice recipe for the best cup of Joe you can have
> without the expensive gadgets that some of you are pedaling and promoting in
> this forum. Please find the message 'The best cup o'joe' which I have
> posted today as a contribution to the forum. I am anxious to hear your
> responses and accusations of spamming.
>
> BTW the Monty Python video clip of "Spam, Sausage, and Egg, with Spam, Spam
> on the side" is hilarious. Thanks.
>
>
>
> --
> Disclosure: I have a vested interest in promoting Cafe Real de Puerto Rico
> and www.cafedepr.com
>
>
>
> <mandtprice@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1165854940.986306.191290@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > Eureka wrote:
> >> RoughJaw,
> >> I am beginning to suspect that you harbor some hateful feelings about
> >> anything Puerto Rico. Your objections are coming thru very clearly. I
> >> wonder why? I am sure you hide behind this RoughJaw nick to do your KKK
> >> tricks against anything puertorrican and then use a different nick to
> >> participate in the forum while promoting your own interests. Why do you
> >> hate us so much?
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Disclosure: I have a vested interest in promoting Cafe Real de Puerto
> >> Rico
> >> and www.cafedepr.com
> >>
> >>
> >
> > No he just hates spammers that don't contribute. I'll second the
> > motion.
> >
> > Matthew - and that's really my name
> >



 
Date: 11 Dec 2006 08:35:41
From:
Subject: Re: Spammerdepr

Eureka wrote:
> RoughJaw,
> I am beginning to suspect that you harbor some hateful feelings about
> anything Puerto Rico. Your objections are coming thru very clearly. I
> wonder why? I am sure you hide behind this RoughJaw nick to do your KKK
> tricks against anything puertorrican and then use a different nick to
> participate in the forum while promoting your own interests. Why do you
> hate us so much?
>
>
> --
> Disclosure: I have a vested interest in promoting Cafe Real de Puerto Rico
> and www.cafedepr.com
>
>

No he just hates spammers that don't contribute. I'll second the
motion.

Matthew - and that's really my name



  
Date: 11 Dec 2006 17:21:01
From: Eureka
Subject: Re: Spammerdepr
Ok, Matthew since YOU think that promoting a good source of coffee beans is
'not contributing' to the forum and think of it as spam when others do
exactly the same and you don't criticize them for doing it. I have decided
to contribute with a nice recipe for the best cup of Joe you can have
without the expensive gadgets that some of you are pedaling and promoting in
this forum. Please find the message 'The best cup o'joe' which I have
posted today as a contribution to the forum. I am anxious to hear your
responses and accusations of spamming.

BTW the Monty Python video clip of "Spam, Sausage, and Egg, with Spam, Spam
on the side" is hilarious. Thanks.



--
Disclosure: I have a vested interest in promoting Cafe Real de Puerto Rico
and www.cafedepr.com



<mandtprice@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:1165854940.986306.191290@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> Eureka wrote:
>> RoughJaw,
>> I am beginning to suspect that you harbor some hateful feelings about
>> anything Puerto Rico. Your objections are coming thru very clearly. I
>> wonder why? I am sure you hide behind this RoughJaw nick to do your KKK
>> tricks against anything puertorrican and then use a different nick to
>> participate in the forum while promoting your own interests. Why do you
>> hate us so much?
>>
>>
>> --
>> Disclosure: I have a vested interest in promoting Cafe Real de Puerto
>> Rico
>> and www.cafedepr.com
>>
>>
>
> No he just hates spammers that don't contribute. I'll second the
> motion.
>
> Matthew - and that's really my name
>




 
Date: 10 Dec 2006 19:56:09
From: RoughJaw
Subject: Re: Spammerdepr
Yeah, get a puerto rican coffee maker and a puerto rican grinder.
puerto rican is the answer to any question... even when it isn't.

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 18:44:57 +0000, Eureka wrote:

> Jason,
> At cafedepr.com we have a nice selection of roasted beans ready for grinding
> and or green beans ready for roasting. The coffee we offer is guaranteed to
> be Real Puerto Rico coffee and we get it directly from the farmer whom we
> know personally. It is importante to know the origin of the coffee so that
> you can make an informed decision as to its quality. Please keep us in mind
> if you are ever curious about Puerto Rico Coffee and its aroma and quality.
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2496293981990713675
>
>
>
> <jmdolinger@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:1165618381.077850.35120@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...
>> Hey all,
>>
>> My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
>> doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
>> this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
>> pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
>> $100).
>>
>> Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
>> really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
>> boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?
>>
>> Thanks so much, anything is greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Jason
>>

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com



  
Date: 11 Dec 2006 16:01:00
From: Eureka
Subject: Re: Spammerdepr
RoughJaw,
I am beginning to suspect that you harbor some hateful feelings about
anything Puerto Rico. Your objections are coming thru very clearly. I
wonder why? I am sure you hide behind this RoughJaw nick to do your KKK
tricks against anything puertorrican and then use a different nick to
participate in the forum while promoting your own interests. Why do you
hate us so much?


--
Disclosure: I have a vested interest in promoting Cafe Real de Puerto Rico
and www.cafedepr.com



"RoughJaw" <rj@gmail.invalid > wrote in message
news:457c6659$0$15439$88260bb3@free.teranews.com...
> Yeah, get a puerto rican coffee maker and a puerto rican grinder.
> puerto rican is the answer to any question... even when it isn't.
>
> On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 18:44:57 +0000, Eureka wrote:
>
>> Jason,
>> At cafedepr.com we have a nice selection of roasted beans ready for
>> grinding
>> and or green beans ready for roasting. The coffee we offer is guaranteed
>> to
>> be Real Puerto Rico coffee and we get it directly from the farmer whom we
>> know personally. It is importante to know the origin of the coffee so
>> that
>> you can make an informed decision as to its quality. Please keep us in
>> mind
>> if you are ever curious about Puerto Rico Coffee and its aroma and
>> quality.
>>
>> <jmdolinger@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> news:1165618381.077850.35120@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
>>> doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
>>> this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
>>> pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
>>> $100).
>>>
>>> Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
>>> really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
>>> boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?
>>>
>>> Thanks so much, anything is greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>> Jason
>>>
>
> --
> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>




 
Date: 10 Dec 2006 07:33:00
From: Flasherly
Subject: Re: Suggestions for a holiday gift to a coffee lover?

jmdolinger@earthlink.net wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
> doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
> this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
> pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
> $100).
>
> Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
> really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
> boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?

This looks interesting. Do the model# on ebay - $30ish buynow. Much
less than this article
(...review of thermal-carafe coffee makers at The Wall Street Journal,
the DeLonghi DC55TCB 10-cup (*est. $75) is rated the best value.)
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/kitchen/coffee-maker-reviews/index.html

DeLonghi DC55TC 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
Stainless Steel double-wall carafe. Press the Aroma Button to activate
a unique brewing process ... coffee maker advances through several
continuous cycles. During the cycles, water is released into the filter
basket in 30-second intervals... saturates grounds a little at a time
... shower head design helps to completely saturate all coffee grounds.



 
Date: 09 Dec 2006 18:44:57
From: Eureka
Subject: Re: Suggestions for a holiday gift to a coffee lover?
Jason,
At cafedepr.com we have a nice selection of roasted beans ready for grinding
and or green beans ready for roasting. The coffee we offer is guaranteed to
be Real Puerto Rico coffee and we get it directly from the farmer whom we
know personally. It is importante to know the origin of the coffee so that
you can make an informed decision as to its quality. Please keep us in mind
if you are ever curious about Puerto Rico Coffee and its aroma and quality.
http://www.cafedepr.com









<jmdolinger@earthlink.net > wrote in message
news:1165618381.077850.35120@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...
> Hey all,
>
> My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
> doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
> this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
> pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
> $100).
>
> Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
> really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
> boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?
>
> Thanks so much, anything is greatly appreciated!
>
> Jason
>




 
Date: 09 Dec 2006 10:09:37
From: dhhayes@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Suggestions for a holiday gift to a coffee lover?

jmdolinger@earthlink.net wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
> doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
> this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
> pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
> $100).
>
> Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
> really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
> boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?
>
> Thanks so much, anything is greatly appreciated!
>
> Jason

Bodum has a new model called the Kona which is a nice pour-over
coffeemaker. Probably goes for about $40.00 US.



 
Date: 08 Dec 2006 16:13:47
From: Omniryx@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Suggestions for a holiday gift to a coffee lover?
A friend once gave me a well-used E61 grouphead for a birthday present.
It makes one helluva bookend, not to mention conversation starter.

"Doc, what the hell is that thing?"



Randy G. wrote:
> "jmdolinger@earthlink.net" <jmdolinger@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >Hey all,
> >
> >My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
> >doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
> >this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
> >pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
> >$100).
> >
> >Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
> >really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
> >boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?
> >
> >Thanks so much, anything is greatly appreciated!
> >
>
> Costco has the Cuisinart grinder for about $30. Add the Aerobie
> Aeropress for another $30. Now a nice set of coffee cups, and maybe a
> gift certificate to her favorite supplier of coffee.
>
>
> Randy "best coffee for the money" G.
> http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com



 
Date: 08 Dec 2006 15:09:07
From: Randy G.
Subject: Re: Suggestions for a holiday gift to a coffee lover?
"jmdolinger@earthlink.net" <jmdolinger@earthlink.net > wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>My girlfriend is a die hard coffee lover who often mentions that she
>doesn't really have a great coffee pot or grinder. I'm not expert at
>this, but can anyone possibility recommend something along the
>pot/grinder lines that would be a good holiday gift (spending up to
>$100).
>
>Any info would be helpful, suggested brands, models, etc. I don't
>really know tons about gourmet coffee, are there widely sought after
>boutique brands, or do the usual things such as Cuisinart suffice?
>
>Thanks so much, anything is greatly appreciated!
>

Costco has the Cuisinart grinder for about $30. Add the Aerobie
Aeropress for another $30. Now a nice set of coffee cups, and maybe a
gift certificate to her favorite supplier of coffee.


Randy "best coffee for the money" G.
http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com