coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: ancient history on alt.coffee
I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
presense on AC that far back?

subject: Meridian Coffees by Starbucks?

Robert (I didn't know the internet Al Gore built was that old?) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.




 
Date: 05 Nov 2006 21:01:56
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jens_Axel_S=F8gaard?=
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
Robert Harmon skrev:
> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
> 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
> presense on AC that far back?
>
> subject: Meridian Coffees by Starbucks?
>
> Robert (I didn't know the internet Al Gore built was that old?) Harmon

Use the advanced search in Google Groups (they bought the DejaNews
archive, remember?)

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.coffee/browse_frm/thread/bb8142e4450507e2/c19e4cabe02d2df9?lnk=st&q=harmon+group%3Aalt.coffee&rnum=1&hl=en#c19e4cabe02d2df9 >

or a little shorter:

<http://shorterlink.com/?L0AI1D >

--
Jens Axel Søgaard


 
Date: 03 Nov 2006 04:12:42
From: Barry Jarrett
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
<r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com > wrote:

>I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
>1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
>presense on AC that far back?
>

april 6, '94, is the oldest i could find w/o much effort.



  
Date: 04 Nov 2006 20:23:47
From: Brian Colwell
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee

"Barry Jarrett" <barry@rileys-coffee.com > wrote in message
news:7cglk29otu52fs1cur0kpi10rp0mq3n0f7@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
> <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
> >1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
> >presense on AC that far back?
> >
>
> april 6, '94, is the oldest i could find w/o much effort.
>
Has anyone heard from David, recently ?

BMC




   
Date: 04 Nov 2006 16:52:24
From: Moka Java
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
Brian Colwell wrote:

> "Barry Jarrett" <barry@rileys-coffee.com> wrote in message
> news:7cglk29otu52fs1cur0kpi10rp0mq3n0f7@4ax.com...
>
>>On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
>><r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
>>>1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
>>>presense on AC that far back?
>>>
>>
>>april 6, '94, is the oldest i could find w/o much effort.
>>
>
> Has anyone heard from David, recently ?
>
> BMC
>
>

About a month ago. He's fine, just off a.c.

R "know the feeling" TF


    
Date: 04 Nov 2006 22:02:56
From: Brian Colwell
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee

"Moka Java" <rtwatches@fishyahoo.com > wrote in message
news:4r4gh6Fprom9U1@individual.net...
> Brian Colwell wrote:
>
>> "Barry Jarrett" <barry@rileys-coffee.com> wrote in message
>> news:7cglk29otu52fs1cur0kpi10rp0mq3n0f7@4ax.com...
>>
>>>On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
>>><r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
>>>>1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
>>>>presense on AC that far back?
>>>>
>>>
>>>april 6, '94, is the oldest i could find w/o much effort.
>>>
>>
>> Has anyone heard from David, recently ?
>>
>> BMC
>
> About a month ago. He's fine, just off a.c.
>
> R "know the feeling" TF

Thanks for the info...........was just concerned after the events in Hawaii.

BMC




     
Date: 05 Nov 2006 06:16:58
From:
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:02:56 GMT, "Brian Colwell" <bcolwell@shaw.ca >
wrote:

>
>"Moka Java" <rtwatches@fishyahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:4r4gh6Fprom9U1@individual.net...
>> Brian Colwell wrote:
>>
>>> "Barry Jarrett" <barry@rileys-coffee.com> wrote in message
>>> news:7cglk29otu52fs1cur0kpi10rp0mq3n0f7@4ax.com...
>>>
>>>>On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
>>>><r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> R "know the feeling" TF
>
>Thanks for the info...........was just concerned after the events in
Hawaii.
>
>BMC
>

I haven't heard from David either but in terms of our earthquake, it
was the worst on this island of Hawaii- the epicenter was about 50
miles north of Kona. David lives on Oahu so it must have been felt
somewhat less, but poor Oahu- their electricity was off for many many
hours and the blame goes between man vs. computer as to who was at
fault for the lengthy outage. We only lost our electricity here in
South Kona for about 10 minutes.

aloha,
Cea
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona
roast beans to kona to email


      
Date: 05 Nov 2006 17:55:39
From: Brian Colwell
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee

<beans@smithfarms.com > wrote in message
news:8b3sk291ajck7bofl0tmbetia922o7h5dk@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:02:56 GMT, "Brian Colwell" <bcolwell@shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Moka Java" <rtwatches@fishyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:4r4gh6Fprom9U1@individual.net...
>>> Brian Colwell wrote:
>>>
>>>> "Barry Jarrett" <barry@rileys-coffee.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:7cglk29otu52fs1cur0kpi10rp0mq3n0f7@4ax.com...
>>>>
>>>>>On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
>>>>><r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> R "know the feeling" TF
>>
>>Thanks for the info...........was just concerned after the events in
> Hawaii.
>>
>>BMC
>>
>
> I haven't heard from David either but in terms of our earthquake, it
> was the worst on this island of Hawaii- the epicenter was about 50
> miles north of Kona. David lives on Oahu so it must have been felt
> somewhat less, but poor Oahu- their electricity was off for many many
> hours and the blame goes between man vs. computer as to who was at
> fault for the lengthy outage. We only lost our electricity here in
> South Kona for about 10 minutes.
>
> aloha,
> Cea
> --smithfarms.com
> farmers of pure kona
> roast beans to kona to email

Hi Cea,
Pretty scary stuff !!.... I live on Vancouver Island, adjacent to a fault
line, the powers that be, state it is only a matter of time, before we
experience something greater than the odd tremor !

Regards, Brian




       
Date: 06 Nov 2006 01:48:00
From: Barry Jarrett
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 17:55:39 GMT, "Brian Colwell" <bcolwell@shaw.ca >
wrote:

>Pretty scary stuff !!.... I live on Vancouver Island, adjacent to a fault
>line, the powers that be, state it is only a matter of time, before we
>experience something greater than the odd tremor !
>

we've been told the "any day now" line for... oh... as long as i can
remember (40+ years).


--barry "new madrid"



       
Date: 05 Nov 2006 19:21:59
From: Ken Wilson
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
Pretty scary stuff !!.... I live on Vancouver Island, adjacent to a fault
> line, the powers that be, state it is only a matter of time, before we
> experience something greater than the odd tremor !


move.















Ken
;-)




        
Date: 05 Nov 2006 20:20:22
From: Brian Colwell
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee

"Ken Wilson" <ken@kwilsonDEDUCT.fsnet.co.uk > wrote in message
news:eildkl$pgg$1@aioe.server.aioe.org...
> Pretty scary stuff !!.... I live on Vancouver Island, adjacent to a fault
>> line, the powers that be, state it is only a matter of time, before we
>> experience something greater than the odd tremor !
>
>
> move.










>
>
> Ken
> ;-)
From Gods country, you can't be serious :-)) Lived thro' one war and
thousands of hours as a flight instructor...What the hell !!
Ken, watch out for those fireworks !!
Regards,
Brian




 
Date: 02 Nov 2006 11:51:56
From:
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
In alt.coffee, Robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@zhotmail.com > wrote:
> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
> 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
> presense on AC that far back?


June 19, 1994 for me.

--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow


  
Date: 02 Nov 2006 14:31:05
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
<EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com > wrote in message
news:eicm4s$jhu$2@reader2.panix.com...
> In alt.coffee, Robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@zhotmail.com> wrote:
>> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
>> 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
>> presense on AC that far back?
>
>
> June 19, 1994 for me.
>
> --
> A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
> --Edward R. Murrow

June 18, 1894 for me

ken




   
Date: 05 Nov 2006 17:32:03
From:
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
In alt.coffee, Ken Fox <morceaudemerde@snipthispleasehotmail.com > wrote:

> June 18, 1894 for me

Damn. I didn't know that Usenet utilized the telegraph system for
propogation! Lots o' dots and dashes for those binaries, eh?


--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow


    
Date: 05 Nov 2006 10:52:13
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
<EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com > wrote in message
news:eil76j$h28$1@reader2.panix.com...
> In alt.coffee, Ken Fox <morceaudemerde@snipthispleasehotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> June 18, 1894 for me
>
> Damn. I didn't know that Usenet utilized the telegraph system for
> propogation! Lots o' dots and dashes for those binaries, eh?
>
>
> --
> A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
> --Edward R. Murrow

It was certainly a lot less efficient. Once Al Gore invented the internet,
things sped up considerably.




   
Date: 02 Nov 2006 12:44:54
From:
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:31:05 -0700, "Ken Fox"
<morceaudemerde@snipThisPleaseHotmail.com > wrote:

><EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com> wrote in message
>news:eicm4s$jhu$2@reader2.panix.com...
>> In alt.coffee, Robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted
back in
>>> 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace
their
>>> presense on AC that far back?
>>
>>
>> June 19, 1994 for me.
>>
>> --
>> A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
>> --Edward R. Murrow
>
>June 18, 1894 for me
>
>ken
>

Wow Ken! I know it was typo:).

I prefaced my other post to say "I hate to say this but I have been
here for over 10 years" because I knew it would beget this:).

I believe my first post under another name was in summer 1994 too but
I am not clever enough to look it up and I have had about 3 computers,
numerous email systems etc. since then. It doesn't matter to me.

aloha,
Cea
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona
roast beans to kona to email


    
Date: 02 Nov 2006 23:04:32
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
Hi Cea,

Of course it was a joke . . . .

Or was it?

ken
;-)

<beans@smithfarms.com > wrote in message
news:qvskk2ppmtt14ppe5ro0o7nq86s1rpcree@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:31:05 -0700, "Ken Fox"
> <morceaudemerde@snipThisPleaseHotmail.com> wrote:
>
>><EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com> wrote in message
>>news:eicm4s$jhu$2@reader2.panix.com...
>>> In alt.coffee, Robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>>> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted
> back in
>>>> 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace
> their
>>>> presense on AC that far back?
>>>
>>>
>>> June 19, 1994 for me.
>>>
>>> --
>>> A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
>>> --Edward R. Murrow
>>
>>June 18, 1894 for me
>>
>>ken
>>
>
> Wow Ken! I know it was typo:).
>
> I prefaced my other post to say "I hate to say this but I have been
> here for over 10 years" because I knew it would beget this:).
>
> I believe my first post under another name was in summer 1994 too but
> I am not clever enough to look it up and I have had about 3 computers,
> numerous email systems etc. since then. It doesn't matter to me.
>
> aloha,
> Cea
> --smithfarms.com
> farmers of pure kona
> roast beans to kona to email




     
Date: 03 Nov 2006 08:10:56
From: Moka Java
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
I started posting here during the height of the Moose and Fox wars.
There was a sense of friendly banter about it. Anyone hear from Moose
lately?

R "a wise-ass to the core" TF

Ken Fox wrote:

> Hi Cea,
>
> Of course it was a joke . . . .
>
> Or was it?
>
> ken
> ;-)
>
> <beans@smithfarms.com> wrote in message
> news:qvskk2ppmtt14ppe5ro0o7nq86s1rpcree@4ax.com...
>
>>On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:31:05 -0700, "Ken Fox"
>><morceaudemerde@snipThisPleaseHotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>><EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com> wrote in message
>>>news:eicm4s$jhu$2@reader2.panix.com...
>>>
>>>>In alt.coffee, Robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted
>>
>>back in
>>
>>>>>1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace
>>
>>their
>>
>>>>>presense on AC that far back?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>June 19, 1994 for me.
>>>>
>>>>--
>>>>A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
>>>>--Edward R. Murrow
>>>
>>>June 18, 1894 for me
>>>
>>>ken
>>>
>>
>>Wow Ken! I know it was typo:).
>>
>>I prefaced my other post to say "I hate to say this but I have been
>>here for over 10 years" because I knew it would beget this:).
>>
>>I believe my first post under another name was in summer 1994 too but
>>I am not clever enough to look it up and I have had about 3 computers,
>>numerous email systems etc. since then. It doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>aloha,
>>Cea
>>--smithfarms.com
>>farmers of pure kona
>>roast beans to kona to email
>
>
>


   
Date: 02 Nov 2006 21:42:18
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
"Ken Fox" <morceaudemerde@snipThisPleaseHotmail.com > wrote in
news:4qv6cpFo65g5U1@individual.net:

> <EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com> wrote in message
> news:eicm4s$jhu$2@reader2.panix.com...
>> In alt.coffee, Robert Harmon <r_h_harmon@zhotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted
>>> back in 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone
>>> trace their presense on AC that far back?
>>
>>
>> June 19, 1994 for me.
>>
>> --
>> A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
>> --Edward R. Murrow
>
> June 18, 1894 for me
>
> ken
>
>
>

That makes it official Ken. You're the oldest fart on AC.

Robert ("You smell like old people.", Willie Wonka) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.


 
Date: 02 Nov 2006 06:17:20
From: I->Ian
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
<r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com > wrote:

>I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
>1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
>presense on AC that far back?
>
>subject: Meridian Coffees by Starbucks?
>
>Robert (I didn't know the internet Al Gore built was that old?) Harmon

Where were you from Dec 94 to Jan 06?

Shudder to think we were deprived for over ELEVEN years... <aag >


  
Date: 02 Nov 2006 06:27:32
From: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
"I- >Ian" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in
news:l73jk258kgo9bsrpo5e74buncn174k1916@4ax.com:

> On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:39:41 GMT, Robert Harmon
> <r_h_harmon@Zhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
>>1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
>>presense on AC that far back?
>>
>>subject: Meridian Coffees by Starbucks?
>>
>>Robert (I didn't know the internet Al Gore built was that old?) Harmon
>
> Where were you from Dec 94 to Jan 06?
>
> Shudder to think we were deprived for over ELEVEN years... <aag>
>

Oh, I was around under one alias or another, but I was so busy during that
period I seldom contributed. So, you see that you were never deprived of my
pearls of wisdom. Depraved maybe, but never deprived. ;)

Robert (duck & cover) Harmon
--
http://tinyurl.com/pou2y
http://tinyurl.com/fkd6r
Remove "Z" to reply via email.


 
Date: 02 Nov 2006 04:51:54
From: Danny
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee
Robert Harmon wrote:
> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
> 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
> presense on AC that far back?
-snip-

I posted much earlier than that. I distinctly remember it, since I
had to write the 8" floppy from my Sharp CP/M machine and place it in
the foil envelope before "posting" it to the group list.
Unfortunately, Google doesn't archive back far enough to list the
*old* posts.


--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



  
Date: 02 Nov 2006 20:07:48
From: Brian Colwell
Subject: Re: ancient history on alt.coffee

"Danny" <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com > wrote in message
news:4qtbq6Forls0U1@individual.net...
> Robert Harmon wrote:
>> I was searching for an old post & came across a message I posted back in
>> 1994 using my halcyon.com account in Seattle. Can anyone trace their
>> presense on AC that far back?
> -snip-
>
> I posted much earlier than that. I distinctly remember it, since I had to
> write the 8" floppy from my Sharp CP/M machine and place it in the foil
> envelope before "posting" it to the group list. Unfortunately, Google
> doesn't archive back far enough to list the *old* posts.
>
>
> --
> Regards, Danny
>
> http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
> http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)
>
Can't beat that one !!!

BMC