coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 10 Jan 2007 15:42:56
From: Sportflyer
Subject: buy used portafilter handele
Do you folks know where I can buy used Gaggia Portafilter handles so I can
make my own bottomless portafilter handle? I hate to mess with my current
one. Tks






 
Date: 16 Jan 2007 15:47:48
From:
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Danny wrote:

> To be honest I'd change the Pstat anyway (I've never had much luck
> with diaphragm kits myself) and the Sirai is cheap enough, although
> the machine in the trailer has some creative wiring to switch the two
> elements in the machine, which results in more wires in the
> Pstat...which would make the diaphragm much easier.

Hmm, yes, I can see that.

I'm kind of tempted to try changing the diaphragm just on principle -
I prefer the idea of repairing a component rather than just swapping
it out. After all, if the kit's supplied ...

> Whats the Pstat -

It's a Sirai

> I'll be no doubt ordering more stuff soon, so the postage would be
> eaten to me, just forwarding in a jiffy bag to you.

Thanks. However, I'm probably after enough stuff to make it more than
worthwhile paying my own postage - off the top of my head, I'm after
a bottomless PF (and would rather pay =A313 plus VAT to Jaguar than
=A327 or so to HappyDonkey) and some cleaning stuff, not to mention
assorted gaskets and showerscreens.

Problem is, the way I shop, I tend to pore through the catalogue for
hours, just working out all the things I 'need.' If Jaguar are happy to
sell to a cash customer, then that's the easiest all round - but if not
I'll be coming back to you. Hopefully we can sort something out
which doesn't put you to too much trouble

Regards

John



 
Date: 16 Jan 2007 01:40:54
From:
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Danny wrote:
> Bill (Adopt) wrote:
> > Danny ..thanks for your quick and comprehensive reply. :))

Seconded!

> I'm happy to order whatever you or John would like, but I'll ask on
> Monday about personal orders. There's also:
>
> <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>

I'd found Happy Donkey and thought prices seemed generally reasonable,
but there are a couple of things I want that they don't seem to carry,
notably a p-stat diaphragm.

I've emailed Jaguar to see if they'll sell to me, but failing that I
might
well take you up on your offer to place an order for me - it's very
much appreciated.

Regards

John



  
Date: 16 Jan 2007 15:43:24
From: Danny
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
john.sabine@gmail.com wrote:

> I'd found Happy Donkey and thought prices seemed generally reasonable,
> but there are a couple of things I want that they don't seem to carry,
> notably a p-stat diaphragm.
>
> I've emailed Jaguar to see if they'll sell to me, but failing that I
> might
> well take you up on your offer to place an order for me - it's very
> much appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> John
>

To be honest I'd change the Pstat anyway (I've never had much luck
with diaphragm kits myself) and the Sirai is cheap enough, although
the machine in the trailer has some creative wiring to switch the two
elements in the machine, which results in more wires in the
Pstat...which would make the diaphragm much easier. Whats the Pstat -
I'll be no doubt ordering more stuff soon, so the postage would be
eaten to me, just forwarding in a jiffy bag to you.


--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



 
Date: 13 Jan 2007 20:13:15
From: Felix
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Bill (Adopt) writes:
> > <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>
>
> as I don't utilise a M$oft PeeCee but a machine that's
> a little more secure with which I'm able to access most
> of the secure sites around the world that are correctly
> W3 written

All three of them :-)

> I'm afraid that all Happy Donkey does is to lock me out,
> right from their very front/home page of '?????'.

I opened the page with several browsers, using the Gecko, KHTML, and
iCab rendering engines. It's not a valid page, but it's not that bad.
(I looked at the source code.) Which browser are you using?


Felix



 
Date: 12 Jan 2007 01:39:55
From:
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Bill (Adopt) wrote:
> Danny <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com> wrote:
> > I don't know about your area, but here my espresso spares supplier
> > sells (genuine?) Gaggia bottomless commercial portafilters for =A313.85+
> > VAT and shipping.
>
> Ooo ..yes please, Danny! Who? Where?

Can I second that request? Recommendation would be much appreciated.

Regards

John



  
Date: 12 Jan 2007 18:21:46
From: Danny
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
john.sabine@gmail.com wrote:
> Bill (Adopt) wrote:
>
>> Danny <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I don't know about your area, but here my espresso spares supplier
>>>sells (genuine?) Gaggia bottomless commercial portafilters for 13.85+
>>>VAT and shipping.
>>
>>Ooo ..yes please, Danny! Who? Where?
>
>
> Can I second that request? Recommendation would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> John
>

Bill/John, My source is Jaguar espresso spares in Reading, but they
only sell to trade/account customers as far as I know. I can order
and get shipping direct to you, I believe. Shipping is a flat 6 last
time I looked, so if I could get you what you wanted it would be a
good idea to add a few bits to make the shipping more economical.
They sell everything from Puly caf cleaner to thermometers, frothing
jugs etc, presurestats and all things relating to commercial machines.
I believe that Gaggia domestic models can take the standard
commercial pf. I would be happy to place a bulk order for you both
and then forward two packages, but this would cost the initial
shipping split two ways (unless I can think of anything else I need)
plus onward shipping to each of you. Perhaps we could sort something
out? Alternatively, and if money is no object, each pf would be
13.85 + 6 shipping + VAT on the total, if they will ship to each of
you directly. Let me know.

--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



   
Date: 13 Jan 2007 16:36:27
From: Bill (Adopt)
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In article <50q1rvF1hgao3U1@mid.individual.net >, Danny
<danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com > wrote:
> john.sabine@gmail.com wrote:
> > Bill (Adopt) wrote:
> >
> >> Danny <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>>I don't know about your area, but here my espresso spares supplier
> >>>sells (genuine?) Gaggia bottomless commercial portafilters for 13.85+
> >>>VAT and shipping.
> >>
> >>Ooo ..yes please, Danny! Who? Where?
> >
> >
> > Can I second that request? Recommendation would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > John
> >

> Bill/John, My source is Jaguar espresso spares in Reading, but they
> only sell to trade/account customers as far as I know. I can order
> and get shipping direct to you, I believe. Shipping is a flat 6 last
> time I looked, so if I could get you what you wanted it would be a
> good idea to add a few bits to make the shipping more economical.
> They sell everything from Puly caf cleaner to thermometers, frothing
> jugs etc, presurestats and all things relating to commercial machines.
> I believe that Gaggia domestic models can take the standard
> commercial pf. I would be happy to place a bulk order for you both
> and then forward two packages, but this would cost the initial
> shipping split two ways (unless I can think of anything else I need)
> plus onward shipping to each of you. Perhaps we could sort something
> out? Alternatively, and if money is no object, each pf would be
> 13.85 + 6 shipping + VAT on the total, if they will ship to each of
> you directly. Let me know.

Danny ..thanks for your quick and comprehensive reply. :))

Sounds as if it's going to be a little complex to wind
around. I like the bit about adding to the order to
make the delivery charge worthwhile - would a pensioner
bus pass be helpful ..I can't quite manage a gummy, tooth
free 'innocent' shmile (still got my own) ..but I can give
a sort of naively helpless impression that fools about one
in a hundred..?! #;))

I'm guessing that your proposed two/three way shift adds
a fair bit to the complexity of your ordering and could
leave you a little exposed. To be honest with delivery
and vat, even a total at 23.33gbp seems 'cheap' at the
price - about the same as the USD equivalent, for once..

I'm wondering if Jaguar Espresso Spares do a separate
catalogue for 'private' customers ..some firms/warehouse
stockists do (ie verdecoffee.com et al) and at the same
trade prices ..although the temptation to load the price
prohibitively is just too tempting for others!

I'll think around it for a few days - but many thanks
indeed for your helpful suggestion(s).. :))

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/


    
Date: 13 Jan 2007 23:16:38
From: Danny
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Bill (Adopt) wrote:

> Danny ..thanks for your quick and comprehensive reply. :))
>
> Sounds as if it's going to be a little complex to wind
> around. I like the bit about adding to the order to
> make the delivery charge worthwhile - would a pensioner
> bus pass be helpful ..I can't quite manage a gummy, tooth
> free 'innocent' shmile (still got my own) ..but I can give
> a sort of naively helpless impression that fools about one
> in a hundred..?! #;))
>
> I'm guessing that your proposed two/three way shift adds
> a fair bit to the complexity of your ordering and could
> leave you a little exposed. To be honest with delivery
> and vat, even a total at 23.33gbp seems 'cheap' at the
> price - about the same as the USD equivalent, for once..
>
> I'm wondering if Jaguar Espresso Spares do a separate
> catalogue for 'private' customers ..some firms/warehouse
> stockists do (ie verdecoffee.com et al) and at the same
> trade prices ..although the temptation to load the price
> prohibitively is just too tempting for others!
>
> I'll think around it for a few days - but many thanks
> indeed for your helpful suggestion(s).. :))
>
> Bill ZFC
>

I'm happy to order whatever you or John would like, but I'll ask on
Monday about personal orders. There's also:

<http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496 >


--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



     
Date: 13 Jan 2007 22:10:58
From: hfw
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Do you know whether happydonkey ships to the US?? I'd love a bottomless
Gaggia portafilter, too.

--Heidi

Danny wrote:
>
> I'm happy to order whatever you or John would like, but I'll ask on
> Monday about personal orders. There's also:
>
> <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>
>
>


      
Date: 15 Jan 2007 16:41:49
From: Danny
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
hfw wrote:
> Do you know whether happydonkey ships to the US?? I'd love a bottomless
> Gaggia portafilter, too.
>

I spoke to them today. They are happy to ship to any country at cost.
Their website is setup for UK orders, but you can email an order for
US shipping and they will get back to you with shipping cost. They
will also take Paypal if convenient.


--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



       
Date: 15 Jan 2007 22:46:32
From: hfw
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Thank you!

--Heidi

Danny wrote:
> hfw wrote:
>> Do you know whether happydonkey ships to the US?? I'd love a
>> bottomless Gaggia portafilter, too.
>>
>
> I spoke to them today. They are happy to ship to any country at cost.
> Their website is setup for UK orders, but you can email an order for
> US shipping and they will get back to you with shipping cost. They
> will also take Paypal if convenient.
>
>


        
Date: 16 Jan 2007 15:44:01
From: Danny
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
hfw wrote:
> Thank you!
>
> --Heidi
>

No trouble - let me know if you need any help.

--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



      
Date: 14 Jan 2007 10:04:27
From: Danny
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
hfw wrote:
> Do you know whether happydonkey ships to the US?? I'd love a bottomless
> Gaggia portafilter, too.
>
> --Heidi
>
> Danny wrote:
>
>>
>> I'm happy to order whatever you or John would like, but I'll ask on
>> Monday about personal orders. There's also:
>>
>> <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>
>>
>>

I've had a quick look on their site - can't see anything about
shipping apart from a flat rate (to the UK). Have apeek around and if
you can't find anything report back and I'll phone them tomorrow.

--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



       
Date: 14 Jan 2007 16:20:18
From: hfw
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Thanks! I've been hunting around and can't find any hint that they might
ship to the US, so I'll be interested in hearing what you find out.

--Heidi


> hfw wrote:
>> Do you know whether happydonkey ships to the US?? I'd love a
>> bottomless Gaggia portafilter, too.
>>
>> --Heidi
>>
>> Danny wrote:
> I've had a quick look on their site - can't see anything about
> shipping apart from a flat rate (to the UK). Have apeek around and if
> you can't find anything report back and I'll phone them tomorrow.
>


       
Date: 14 Jan 2007 12:34:44
From: Sportflyer
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
You can buy a Gaggia PF body for $31.50 from Espresso parts but you have to
cut the bottom out yourself and add a handle:
http://espressoparts.com/product/G_59


"Danny" <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com > wrote in message
news:50udfgF1hv821U1@mid.individual.net...
> hfw wrote:
>> Do you know whether happydonkey ships to the US?? I'd love a bottomless
>> Gaggia portafilter, too.
>>
>> --Heidi
>>
>> Danny wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> I'm happy to order whatever you or John would like, but I'll ask on
>>> Monday about personal orders. There's also:
>>>
>>> <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>
>>>
>>>
>
> I've had a quick look on their site - can't see anything about shipping
> apart from a flat rate (to the UK). Have apeek around and if you can't
> find anything report back and I'll phone them tomorrow.
>
> --
> Regards, Danny
>
> http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
> http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)
>




     
Date: 14 Jan 2007 01:47:25
From: Bill (Adopt)
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In article <50t7grF1hndkfU1@mid.individual.net >,
Danny <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com > wrote:
> Bill (Adopt) wrote:


> > stockists do (ie verdecoffee.com et al) and at the same
> > trade prices ..although the temptation to load the price
> > prohibitively is just too tempting for others!
> >
> > I'll think around it for a few days - but many thanks
> > indeed for your helpful suggestion(s).. :))

> I'm happy to order whatever you or John would like, but I'll ask on
> Monday about personal orders.

Thanks, Danny ..very helpful.. :))

> There's also:

> <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>

..but(!) ..as I don't utilise a M$oft PeeCee but a machine
that's a little more secure with which I'm able to access
most of the secure sites around the world that are correctly
W3 written, I'm afraid that all Happy Donkey does is to lock
me out, right from their very front/home page of '?????'.
So, as I've no doubt many others, I'm quite unable to present
them with my custom...

..in fact, they won't ever know, until they adapt their site
to suit more than an apparently eclectic version of s/html, if
that's what it be..

Then again, this has nothing to do with coffee ..so I'll also
do a bit of digging at other GB sites as well..

..but many thanks indeed for your helpful and supportive
interest.. :))

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/


      
Date: 14 Jan 2007 22:13:02
From:
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In article <4ea4d3f9ddadopt@billsimpson.com >,
Bill (Adopt) <adopt@billsimpson.com > wrote:
> <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>
> I'm afraid that all Happy Donkey does is to lock me out,

Try Netsurf for RISC OS, Bill <www.netsurf-browser.org/builds/ >
The 9 Jan build works (viewing the site so far).


--
Auckland NEW ZEALAND



       
Date: 14 Jan 2007 15:53:22
From: Bill (Adopt)
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In article <4ea4fcc5f7quattro@clear.net.nz >,
<quattro@clear.net.nz > wrote:
> In article <4ea4d3f9ddadopt@billsimpson.com>,
> Bill (Adopt) <adopt@billsimpson.com> wrote:
> > <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>
> > I'm afraid that all Happy Donkey does is to lock me out,

> Try Netsurf for RISC OS, Bill <www.netsurf-browser.org/builds/>
> The 9 Jan build works (viewing the site so far).

Great! Thank you... :))

I'm ashamed to say that I'd forgotten I have a build of
that..I'll go get the latest !Netsurf build later today
and try pinning it's tail against the Happy Donkey.. :))

Using !Fresco, (it's in my headers somewhere), I've only
ever found Happydonkey (and Play.com's DVD site that
rejects me right at the start for no known reason), that
stalls my sincere attentions.. ;))

..and I'm not at all sure why, when everything else that
I use around the world seems to work so well, including
some very secure sites that will reject at the slightest
sign of any problem...

...but thanks to all you helpful Alties who've made
suggestions. I've no doubt the answer, as always, will
be something really, really simple...

:)) Bill ZFC

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/


      
Date: 13 Jan 2007 23:42:38
From: Steve Ackman
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In <4ea4d3f9ddadopt@billsimpson.com >, on Sun, 14 Jan 2007 01:47:25 +0000
(GMT), Bill (Adopt) wrote:
> In article <50t7grF1hndkfU1@mid.individual.net>,
> Danny <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com> wrote:

>> <http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=496>
>
> ..but(!) ..as I don't utilise a M$oft PeeCee but a machine
> that's a little more secure with which I'm able to access
> most of the secure sites around the world that are correctly
> W3 written, I'm afraid that all Happy Donkey does is to lock
> me out, right from their very front/home page of '?????'.
> So, as I've no doubt many others, I'm quite unable to present
> them with my custom...

The site renders in a limited fashion in dillo-0.8.6,
though it doesn't appear possible to actually order
using that browser.

The page renders, and also appears functional, in
links-2.1.p21 which does https secure transactions,
limited javascript, is available for most operating
systems, and has a very small footprint, enabling it
to be used even on ancient hardware.
See http://links.twibright.com/features.php

Naturally it also works in Seamonkey-1.0.7.



      
Date: 14 Jan 2007 02:18:26
From: Coffee for Connoisseurs
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
>..in fact, they won't ever know, until they adapt their site
>to suit more than an apparently eclectic version of s/html, if
>that's what it be..

The link works OK in Firefox. What's the problem?


--
Alan

alanfrew@coffeeco.com.au
www.coffeeco.com.au




       
Date: 14 Jan 2007 03:01:08
From: Bill (Adopt)
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In article <Spgqh.694$u8.588@news-server.bigpond.net.au >,
Coffee for Connoisseurs <alanfrew@coffeeco.com.au > wrote:
> >..in fact, they won't ever know, until they adapt their site
> >to suit more than an apparently eclectic version of s/html, if
> >that's what it be..

> The link works OK in Firefox. What's the problem?

??:))

..as I said, it doesn't work here. Just jams solid,
with not even an initial screen presentation. Just
hope it's not using oodles of whizz-bang flash graphics
and things such as 'authored' frames etc that many
others have discarded as not reaching a wider public.

(Also Firefox isn't the only w3 browser in use
throughout the World, just as the latest all-powerful
and expensively insecure M$oft Windows PC ain't the
only viable type of machine)!

Why, even the Versalab is reputed to use something
else under it's elegantly bespoke Espresso Apron.. ;))

hh, sort of! :))

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/


 
Date: 11 Jan 2007 18:36:35
From: Danny
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Sportflyer wrote:
> Do you folks know where I can buy used Gaggia Portafilter handles so I can
> make my own bottomless portafilter handle? I hate to mess with my current
> one. Tks
>
>

I don't know about your area, but here my espresso spares supplier
sells (genuine?) Gaggia bottomless commercial portafilters for 13.85+
VAT and shipping.

--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)



  
Date: 12 Jan 2007 03:37:56
From: Bill (Adopt)
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In article <50neboF1eppj3U1@mid.individual.net >,
Danny <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com > wrote:
> Sportflyer wrote:
> > Do you folks know where I can buy used Gaggia Portafilter handles so I can
> > make my own bottomless portafilter handle? I hate to mess with my current
> > one. Tks
> >
> >

> I don't know about your area, but here my espresso spares supplier
> sells (genuine?) Gaggia bottomless commercial portafilters for 13.85+
> VAT and shipping.

Ooo ..yes please, Danny! Who? Where?

Can a lowly UK peasant purchase...? :))

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/


  
Date: 11 Jan 2007 19:08:44
From: Sportflyer
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
In the US , they are asking approx $45 and up.


"Danny" <danny@nospam.gaggia-espresso.com > wrote in message
news:50neboF1eppj3U1@mid.individual.net...
> Sportflyer wrote:
>> Do you folks know where I can buy used Gaggia Portafilter handles so I
>> can make my own bottomless portafilter handle? I hate to mess with my
>> current one. Tks
>
> I don't know about your area, but here my espresso spares supplier sells
> (genuine?) Gaggia bottomless commercial portafilters for 13.85+ VAT and
> shipping.
>
> --
> Regards, Danny
>
> http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
> http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/EU ordering for Malabar Gold blend)
>




 
Date: 10 Jan 2007 18:34:31
From: daveb
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Since the Gaggia handles break there are not that many used ones out
there. i.e. there are machines -- without handles

dave



  
Date: 11 Jan 2007 08:04:36
From: Sportflyer
Subject: Re: buy used portafilter handele
Actually all I need is the metal part and I can easily make my own handle .
Are there other brands that will fit? Tks

"daveb" <davebobblane@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:1168482870.967934.194720@i39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> Since the Gaggia handles break there are not that many used ones out
> there. i.e. there are machines -- without handles
>
> dave
>