coffee-forum.net
Promoting coffee discussion.

Main
Date: 24 Jan 2007 13:48:09
From: Sportflyer
Subject: green beans
Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
experiment with roasting? Tks






 
Date: 26 Jan 2007 06:27:04
From: arnie@avradionet.com
Subject: Re: green beans


On Jan 25, 6:19 pm, Jim <a...@beforeyousend.com > wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > b...@smithfarms.com wrote:
>
> >> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:48:09 -0800, "Sportflyer"
> >> <mode1flyerNOS...@netzero.net> wrote:
>
> >>> Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans
> >>> to experiment with roasting? Tks
>
> >> I honestly am not trying to sell you anything. I do want you to know
> >> that you can send away for green beans in many ways. You can get small
> >> amounts of almost any green bean you want. You do not need to buy 100
> >> pounds. When I read the response to your post about getting them from
> >> a grocery store, I just felt you might enjoy this information too.
>
> >> Nuff said.
>
> >> aloha,
> >> Cea
> >> beansatsmithfarms.com
> >> roast beans to Kona to reply
> >> Farmers of pure Kona Coffee:)
>
> > I'm sure you also know about Sweet ries and bay. I started with bay
> > beans. They were okay. I like what I get from Sweet ries and have
> > not tried another source.Spel chekk gone crazy.^^^ Intended words are obvious.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text

There are a couple of co-ops out there that I gave used. Good success.
Only problem is they are hit and miss when it comes to exactly what
you want. Also, if you find something you really like, you may not
ever find it there again. I have found a web site
(www.coffeebeandirect.com) where you can buy from 5 (maybe 1, I forget)
to 150 pounds of your choice. They always have an excellent selection
and their prices are extremely reasonable. I live outside of Los
Angeles, I'm not sure where they are. I say that only because, when I
re-read this reply, it looked like spam was hidden in there somewhere.
Well it's not. Certainly, at least, check it out. I've been very
satisfied with their product and service.

Ted



 
Date: 25 Jan 2007 12:15:55
From: Ken Fox
Subject: Re: green beans
"Sportflyer" <mode1flyerNOSPAM@netzero.net > wrote in message
news:OtSdncbtHuaGSSrYnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@comcast.com...
> Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
> experiment with roasting? Tks
>

Stumptown is regarded as being the premier cafe(s) in Portland (never been
to them but they are excellent by report). I would bet that if you called
them they would either offer to sell you some green beans or could point you
in the right direction.

As previously pointed out there are also a lot of online sources. Just down
the road from you is coffeewholesalers.com which has an extensive selection
of green beans.

ken




  
Date: 25 Jan 2007 15:31:45
From: Sportflyer
Subject: Re: green beans
Yes, Stumptown is very good. I buy their Hair Bender Espresso blend . I will
ask them whether they sell green beans.


"Ken Fox" <morceaudemerdeThisMerdeGoes@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:51sdv6F1lt1g9U1@mid.individual.net...
> "Sportflyer" <mode1flyerNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote in message
> news:OtSdncbtHuaGSSrYnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@comcast.com...
>> Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
>> experiment with roasting? Tks
>>
>
> Stumptown is regarded as being the premier cafe(s) in Portland (never been
> to them but they are excellent by report). I would bet that if you called
> them they would either offer to sell you some green beans or could point
> you in the right direction.
>
> As previously pointed out there are also a lot of online sources. Just
> down the road from you is coffeewholesalers.com which has an extensive
> selection of green beans.
>
> ken
>
>




 
Date: 25 Jan 2007 06:54:20
From:
Subject: Re: green beans
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:48:09 -0800, "Sportflyer"
<mode1flyerNOSPAM@netzero.net > wrote:

>Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
>experiment with roasting? Tks
>

I honestly am not trying to sell you anything. I do want you to know
that you can send away for green beans in many ways. You can get small
amounts of almost any green bean you want. You do not need to buy 100
pounds. When I read the response to your post about getting them from
a grocery store, I just felt you might enjoy this information too.

Nuff said.

aloha,
Cea
beansatsmithfarms.com
roast beans to Kona to reply
Farmers of pure Kona Coffee:)


  
Date: 25 Jan 2007 10:18:33
From: Jim
Subject: Re: green beans
beans@smithfarms.com wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:48:09 -0800, "Sportflyer"
> <mode1flyerNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
>>experiment with roasting? Tks
>>
>
>
> I honestly am not trying to sell you anything. I do want you to know
> that you can send away for green beans in many ways. You can get small
> amounts of almost any green bean you want. You do not need to buy 100
> pounds. When I read the response to your post about getting them from
> a grocery store, I just felt you might enjoy this information too.
>
> Nuff said.
>
> aloha,
> Cea
> beansatsmithfarms.com
> roast beans to Kona to reply
> Farmers of pure Kona Coffee:)

I'm sure you also know about Sweet ries and bay. I started with bay
beans. They were okay. I like what I get from Sweet ries and have
not tried another source.


   
Date: 28 Jan 2007 09:03:34
From: beanroaster
Subject: Re: green beans
Most any coffee shop that roasts its own beans will probably sell you beans.
The price may be higher than on line but once you factor in the shipping
costs it works out about the same.
"Jim" <askme@beforeyousend.com > wrote in message
news:12rht3nkga477c6@corp.supernews.com...
> beans@smithfarms.com wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:48:09 -0800, "Sportflyer"
>> <mode1flyerNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
>>>experiment with roasting? Tks
>>
>>
>> I honestly am not trying to sell you anything. I do want you to know
>> that you can send away for green beans in many ways. You can get small
>> amounts of almost any green bean you want. You do not need to buy 100
>> pounds. When I read the response to your post about getting them from
>> a grocery store, I just felt you might enjoy this information too.
>>
>> Nuff said.
>>
>> aloha,
>> Cea
>> beansatsmithfarms.com
>> roast beans to Kona to reply
>> Farmers of pure Kona Coffee:)
>
> I'm sure you also know about Sweet ries and bay. I started with bay
> beans. They were okay. I like what I get from Sweet ries and have not
> tried another source.




   
Date: 25 Jan 2007 18:19:01
From: Jim
Subject: Re: green beans
Jim wrote:

> beans@smithfarms.com wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:48:09 -0800, "Sportflyer"
>> <mode1flyerNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans
>>> to experiment with roasting? Tks
>>
>>
>>
>> I honestly am not trying to sell you anything. I do want you to know
>> that you can send away for green beans in many ways. You can get small
>> amounts of almost any green bean you want. You do not need to buy 100
>> pounds. When I read the response to your post about getting them from
>> a grocery store, I just felt you might enjoy this information too.
>>
>> Nuff said.
>>
>> aloha,
>> Cea
>> beansatsmithfarms.com
>> roast beans to Kona to reply
>> Farmers of pure Kona Coffee:)
>
>
> I'm sure you also know about Sweet ries and bay. I started with bay
> beans. They were okay. I like what I get from Sweet ries and have
> not tried another source.

Spel chekk gone crazy.^^^ Intended words are obvious.


 
Date: 24 Jan 2007 19:49:59
From: cpetrauskas
Subject: Re: green beans
I wonder that myself. I've picked up Harrar at the Queen of Sheba
restaurant on MLK which if you haven't been to is quite a good
Ethiopian restaurant.

I've just dabbled in roasting with my air popper. Not too bad.

C.

On Jan 24, 1:48 pm, "Sportflyer" <mode1flyerNOS...@netzero.net > wrote:
> Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
> experiment with roasting? Tks



  
Date: 25 Jan 2007 08:27:33
From: Sportflyer
Subject: Re: green beans
After some Google search I found the following:

Whole Foods 1210 NW Couch St
Selam Mkt 3513 NE MLK Blvd
Bridgetown Coffee 3460 NW Industrial St
Taste of Europe 1739 SE Hawthorne Blvd

I have not visited these places myself yet but I will certainly call ahead
to check whether they do sell green beans and the min order amount.


"cpetrauskas" <cpetrauskas@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:1169696999.518218.181110@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I wonder that myself. I've picked up Harrar at the Queen of Sheba
> restaurant on MLK which if you haven't been to is quite a good
> Ethiopian restaurant.
>
> I've just dabbled in roasting with my air popper. Not too bad.
>
> C.
>
> On Jan 24, 1:48 pm, "Sportflyer" <mode1flyerNOS...@netzero.net> wrote:
>> Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
>> experiment with roasting? Tks
>




   
Date: 27 Jan 2007 21:15:54
From: Tom
Subject: Re: green beans
If you're in the Southeast, give www.ccmcoffee.com a try. I've had good
luck with their green beans and very fast delivery as well as SM.

Tom


"Sportflyer" <mode1flyerNOSPAM@netzero.net > wrote in message
news:SfydnS93s5DqRyXYnZ2dnUVZ_s2vnZ2d@comcast.com...
> After some Google search I found the following:
>
> Whole Foods 1210 NW Couch St
> Selam Mkt 3513 NE MLK Blvd
> Bridgetown Coffee 3460 NW Industrial St
> Taste of Europe 1739 SE Hawthorne Blvd
>
> I have not visited these places myself yet but I will certainly call ahead
> to check whether they do sell green beans and the min order amount.
>
>
> "cpetrauskas" <cpetrauskas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1169696999.518218.181110@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>I wonder that myself. I've picked up Harrar at the Queen of Sheba
>> restaurant on MLK which if you haven't been to is quite a good
>> Ethiopian restaurant.
>>
>> I've just dabbled in roasting with my air popper. Not too bad.
>>
>> C.
>>
>> On Jan 24, 1:48 pm, "Sportflyer" <mode1flyerNOS...@netzero.net> wrote:
>>> Is there a place in Portland Oregon where I can buy some green beans to
>>> experiment with roasting? Tks
>>
>
>